MC-TV Converter-converting WTV,DVR-MS,MPEG,TS

newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

MC-TV Converter-converting WTV,DVR-MS,MPEG,TS

Post by newfiend » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Q: What is MC-TVConverter?

A: MC-TVConverter is a FREE (GPL) GUI (Graphical User Interface) for various commandline video converters. It's mainly targeted to convert recordings from Microsoft Windows MediaCenter, which introduced the new WTV format in Windows7 and Vista with TV-Pack.
article-12-img1.png
Why use MC-TVConverter?
•Conversion from WTV, DVR-MS, MPG, TS, AVI, MP4, MKV and WMV.
•Conversion to TS, DEMUX, MPG, WMV, AVI, FLV, MKV and MP4 (depending on the input format - WTV and DVR-MS conversion deprecated as of now).
•Supports HD recordings.
•Define time values to cut the beginning and end of a video
•Synchronization with iTunes.
•Automatically remove commercials from MPEG2-streams
•Choose your language in audio streams (or convert all streams in supported target formats).
•Easy to use GUI with "drag 'n' drop".
•Conversion via right click context menu!
•For all who want it easy: no need for professional knowledge to get high Quality output!
•For all who want more: advanced settings in profiles file and create own profiles.
•Clearly arranged interface for a fast conversion in between.
•Watch folder: converts all supported files in a folder and its subfolders in the background (checks if file is in use and logs the converted file in a database to convert it only once).
•Rename files according to their metadata (in WTV files).
•Extract subtitles to file.
•Minimizes into the tray for minimal invasive appearance.
•Debugging to analyze errors.
•...and much more!
It's FREE!

Check it out here: http://mctvconverter.vivolum.net/
and over at WEC here: http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... 95829.aspx
newfiend~
Last edited by newfiend on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:38 am

I know that's a legit program and you are a legit user, but it still looks like spam.

bmblank

Post by bmblank » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:54 am

Second that.

bmblank

Post by bmblank » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Newfiend, I have to ask, how do you do commercial skipping? I'm using dvrmstb and comskip at the moment with mixed results. Comskip is great, but i'm not very happy with dvrmstb. It looks like a great program, and professional to boot, and I think *I'd* like to try it, but i'm still a little unsure on its operation.
Can I have it watch a folder and automatically run comskip on new files? That is the biggest problem i'm having right now.
looks good
Blank

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:30 pm

its not spam its great. and in light of the discussion going on in the Lounge i think its more than a little cheeky that this link was not provided http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... spx#551297

and to answer blank, yes you can. thats exactly what it does. and at something like a 95% success rate for me with a uk configured comskip.ini file

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:55 pm

I actually found this over at wec and thought I would share the info with you guys..I guess I should have linked to wec as well..i meant no disrespect to wec in any way, just trying to help others here by sharing information I found.. I try and do that all the time here... If I offended anyone I am Sorry.
I have not used this program yet although I did DL it to try later. I don't use any Commercial skipping software yet, I thought I might look into it more this summer. Sorry if it looked like spam..just trying to keep everyone in the loop with what's out there.. :)
newfiend

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express
Last edited by newfiend on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmblank

Post by bmblank » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:41 pm

No apologies to me necessary. I thought you were the dev of this program. Either way, thanks for bringing it up. I'm going to test it out asap and see how it will be at replacing dtb. Sounds like just what I need.

Another quick question to whoever may be listening. Will I still need dtb and the MC dtb addin to read the commercial files and skip the commercials?

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:08 pm

The only reason I brought it up is because I flagged a post exactly like this a couple of days ago...only that post was for conversion for use with iProducts.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

No problem I'll try and just post links from now on.. I just thought the GUI looked nice so I posted a pic and info off the devs site.. Hope bob understands I didn't mean to not include wec as yesterday was the first time in awhile that I visited there..saw this info and thought I would share as some ppl here don't visit wec anymore.
newfiend

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:13 pm

bmblank wrote:No apologies to me necessary. I thought you were the dev of this program. Either way, thanks for bringing it up. I'm going to test it out asap and see how it will be at replacing dtb. Sounds like just what I need.

Another quick question to whoever may be listening. Will I still need dtb and the MC dtb addin to read the commercial files and skip the commercials?
You will still need the dtb and dtb addin to skip commercials. Mc-TV Converter is used for converting files to other formats (and cutting the commercials completely out). Setting up the dtb and dtb addin to do what you want is the way to go.

Pretty easy to do.
1. Install the dtb.
2. Go to settings tool and filewatcher tab. Select the directory(s) you want to watch.
3. Go to the DVRMSToolBox tab and open the "Scan for commercials" profile
4. Add a new action called MetaDataWait
5. Move this action to the top of the profile
6. Save
7. Install the dtb addin.
8. Go download the latest version of comskip early access that can scan .wtv natively.
9. Replace the comskip version in the C:\Program Files\DVRMSToolbox\Applications folder.
10. Update the comskip.ini file to dvrmst_output=1.
11. Post your questions here :)

Okay, I guess it's a few more steps then I thought.

bmblank

Post by bmblank » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:46 pm

I am (somewhat) successfully using dtb and donators comskip already. I'm just not very happy with the file watcher service. i'm not sure if its something my computer just doesn't get along with out what.
But I digress. I think I may download this and play.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm

bmblank wrote:I am (somewhat) successfully using dtb and donators comskip already. I'm just not very happy with the file watcher service. i'm not sure if its something my computer just doesn't get along with out what.
But I digress. I think I may download this and play.
If you have a chance to describe your issue, we might be able to help. I've been using the dtb for 6 years and it is a fantastic program. Unfortunately, the learning curve is steep and it is relatively undocumented.

xiangshuii

Post by xiangshuii » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:26 am

There is a an easy way to convert WTV to TS by introducing a powerful WTV to TS converter - Avdshare Video Converter, you can have a try.