Separate media libraries

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
AnnasDaddy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Separate media libraries

Post by AnnasDaddy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 am

It has been too long since I asked a stupid question, so figured I would go ahead. :P

Does anyone know if there is a way to have separate libraries for the extenders to access? What I mean is, if wifey and I want to watch TV in our room, anything is playable, but if I want to keep certain shows/content/channels away from the other TV (where little eyes can see it) is there a way to set this up? Or if I want a way to keep all of the real housewives of who gives a crap from clogging up the TV in the garage, and still maintain peace in the household... Parental controls isn't good enough here, as quite a bit of the content doesn't come across with ratings for some reason. *think late night HBO etc. programming*.

Would be great if you could assign libraries to users, depending upon what is in which directory. I realize that I might have to separate things into further folders, but can script that.

Hope this makes sense, and REALLY hopes that it is feasible.

Thanks,
AD

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:20 am

Many people seem to like/use this:

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/

AnnasDaddy

Post by AnnasDaddy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 am

Seems like it would allow you to favorite shows/channels, but not restrict access to it. It would be great if I could have the main room have a library without "certain" programming to keep little eyes from seeing it. I might trial out the software to see if I can set it the way that I want, but it doesn't look like it from what I have read.

Right now I am moving the files into/out of folders based upon time of day, but this is kludgy at best...

Hoping for something MUCH more elegant.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:10 am

Take a look at Media Browser, which is a plugin for WMC. You can password protect shows/movies based on the rating stored in the metadata.

http://www.mediabrowser.tv/
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct