ELIMINATE NATIVE MOVIES FOLDER

guppy

HTPC Specs: Show details

ELIMINATE NATIVE MOVIES FOLDER

Post by guppy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:32 am

So if I go with Media Browser, there is no longer any purpose for the Native Movies folder. How do I remove the native movies folder?

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:37 am

Media Center Studio will do it.

guppy

Post by guppy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:20 pm

I don't understand the question or the previous answer. Media Center Studio just removes the icon(s) in the Movies strip or removes the entire Movies strip altogether. If you want to hide the entire Movies strip, I would recommend downloading mikinho's Hide Media Center Menu Strips (http://mikinho.com/wmc/start-menu-plus/ ... enu-strips), as it does this in the registry instead of editing WMC resources (which could be broken by a future update).

If you were wanting to just remove the folders from the default Movie Library, MCS will not do that...you will need to edit the library settings within WMC and remove the folders from the library.

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:28 pm

richard1980 wrote:I don't understand the question or the previous answer. Media Center Studio just removes the icon(s) in the Movies strip or removes the entire Movies strip altogether. If you want to hide the entire Movies strip, I would recommend downloading mikinho's Hide Media Center Menu Strips (http://mikinho.com/wmc/start-menu-plus/ ... enu-strips), as it does this in the registry instead of editing WMC resources (which could be broken by a future update).

If you were wanting to just remove the folders from the default Movie Library, MCS will not do that...you will need to edit the library settings within WMC and remove the folders from the library.
+1 Yeah better using Hide Media Center Menu Strips for best results
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle