Tuner conflict

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
llololloy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuner conflict

Post by llololloy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:01 am

Been trying to find a fix, but not got this sorted.
I have 2 tbs tuner cards, 4 * dvb-s2 and 4 * dvb-t2.
I am however experiencing the "tuner conflict" message, but nothing was being viewed or recorded when i selected the channel. It says to select a tuner to disable, but none are listed. The only thing that fixes it is to turn the pc off and on again, but this is not a good option.
It's not all the time, but it's starting to get more frequent.
I have no extenders, the drivers are the latest from tbs site.
Any ideas?
Everyone who generalises is stupid.

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 am

Check the signal. I had the same problem with my Ceton tuner because of a weak cable signal.

llololloy

Post by llololloy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:29 am

cheers for the advice, but it's not a network tuner, these are internal dvb-s2 and dvb-t2 (ota and satellite) cards.
I get full green bars when tuning/scanning but to be sure I reseated the cables. still same issue.
A reboot generally fixes it, but that is not acceptable when trying to watch tv with someone.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:31 am

What happens if you remove one of the cards? Have you tried updating the drivers?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

llololloy

Post by llololloy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:24 am

thanks for help. drivers were latest already, however i tried disabling the dvb-t card and oddly it was fine. pc was on for 28 hours without any conflicts.
then enabled the dvb-t card but disabled dvb-s. that was fine, on about 5 hours and had no conflicts.
enabled both devices and rebooted but got the conflict message after a while again (few hours i think).
so, what the heck is this? having the 2 cards enabled is causing the issues, but why?
cheers.

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 am

My TBS 6981 started acting up recently, eventually one tuner died. Was crashing my Intel graphics, just sent it back for a replacement. May well put it on eBay and try the Tevii one when/if I get a replacement...
Drivers being unsigned was my issue I think, tech support says they are. I have two systems that say otherwise!
Lee

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Can you look for an event (at roughly the same time) in your Application event log with a source of Application Error and an ID of 1000. The text of the error should mention ehrecvr.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation