HD Homerun Prime missing channels in EPG

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
artm

HTPC Specs: Show details

HD Homerun Prime missing channels in EPG

Post by artm » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:48 am

Using Comcast in Boston. I'm noticing that there are many channels from 1130 to 1787 that are listed in EPG but not in my tuner, HD Homerun Prime. These channels are in WMC.

Tuning to these channels says no TV signal present.

Running a scan with HD Setup does not fetch those channels.

Any thoughts appreciated.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:07 am

Are they channels that you are supposed to be getting in whatever Comcast lineup you subscribe to? Also, I have some like that in my Comcast lineup and some of them are IP delivered channels that would only work on a set top box as the Prime can only tume traditional cable channels and not IP channels.

artm

Post by artm » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:46 pm

I posted this on DSLReports Comcast page and got a quick reply. Yes, the missing channels are IP.

Which sucks, as I'm paying for them and cannot use them, especially HD versions of some. I assume I can't use any adapter to convert IP to cable?

The main reason I ever went WMC/Prime was for "unlimited" DVR usage. Now, with things changing every year, it may be time to punt the DIY setup and go with their box.

Wait, didn't WMC have some IP channels way back? Is this the same as the IP channels now, meaning format? It would be great to be able to map these somehow to WMC directly.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:39 pm

You might look into adapting this solution for IPTV in WMC but I think it would take a lot of fiddling and maybe some programming skills to make it work.
viewtopic.php?p=151478&hilit=IP+tvheadend#p151478
I think the tricky parts would be knowing what URL to use to access the stream and any possible access rights/validation and also it's probably an encrypted stream the only the set top box knows how to decrypt.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:11 pm

Additionally, you should at least be able to view the IPTV channels (but not record) via the browser on your HTPC or the Xfinity app on your phone or tablet.