Don't know how to fix this

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Billyray520

HTPC Specs: Show details

Don't know how to fix this

Post by Billyray520 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:27 pm

This is the error log:
[10/31/2023 12:50:14 PM] [ERROR] Of the expected 643 stations to download, there are only 605 stations available from Schedules Direct. Aborting update for review by user.
[10/31/2023 12:50:14 PM] [ INFO] EPG123 update execution time was 00:00:14.0400000.
[10/31/2023 12:50:14 PM] [ERROR] Failed to create MXF file. Exiting.
I've been getting this error for over a week now, and I have the lates EPG: 18.22
I don't know what this message means. I have the exact same version of EPG on my main HTC but it's working fine.

The error message is happening on a Windows 7 Pro that only has one tuner allocated from my Ceton mostly just for troubleshooting problems for the main HTC.

Space

Post by Space » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:50 pm

The intention of this message is to get you to do what you are doing, look at it and make sure it is OK.

The message is telling you that your TV lineup used to have 643 channels in it, and now, for some reason, only has 605 channels in it. So 38 channels are now missing. If this is something you know about (the cable provider actually removed these channels, and you don't care about them) then you can just press the "Save" or 'Save & Execute" button and you won't get this error anymore and the updates should continue. If you DO care about the missing channels, and they shouldn't actually have been removed from the lineup, then you should contact Schedules Direct and let them know that something went wrong with the lineup.

The intention here is a safeguard so that you don't wake up in the morning with many of your channels missing and most of your recordings not recording due to a mistake made by the lineup provider. It is triggered when a certain percentage of channels in your lineup are removed all at once.
There should probably be an extra log message there to tell you to contact Schedules Direct if the missing channels should not have been removed and if you are OK with the removed channels, to just press the "Save" button to make the 605 channel count the new baseline.
Last edited by Space on Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:56 am

There will be log entries showing which stations are no longer available of the original 643. It will also show what new stations have been added since your last baseline. You may find that some of the stations that have been removed were really changed from an SD feed to a HD feed. Either way, a save in the configuration GUI will rebaseline your lineup and you will be back in business.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Billyray520

Post by Billyray520 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:18 am

Thanks! I am very grateful for your replies. :thumbup: I understand what that error means now and how to correct it. I ran save and execute in the config. gui, and now I have no errors, and everything is updated. All of the channels affected I don't get anyway with my service. It's mysterious to me why the main htpc didn't have this error, but oh well, if it happens, I'll know what to do. :D