Ceton Infinitv 4 Not Detected After Bridging Connection

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Mgandee

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton Infinitv 4 Not Detected After Bridging Connection

Post by Mgandee » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Ok here is the situation,

I have a Ceton Infinitv 4 with full firmware and driver updates, the tuner works great until I go to share it and then it totally disappears from my computer, I have to uninstall and reinstall and reboot to get it back. Not sure what the problem is as I follow the Ceton instructions for sharing the tuner word for word. The tuner will tune everything fine until I do the Network Sharing option in media center, I can't roll back drivers because I have only had 1 driver on there, and Ceton doesn't offer driver downloads by themselves, you have to get the whole pack, it has become very frustrating at this point

Here are my specs;
OS Windows 7 64
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.4 ghz
Memory 4 gb DDR2

Not sure what else to put on here, this is the first time I have had to come on here for help

Thanks in advance

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:35 pm

The tuner may not be getting along with your network adapter. What type of motherboard do you have? What network adapter do you have? What driver version of you using for your network adaper?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Mgandee

Post by Mgandee » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:19 pm

The wireless adapter I have is a Asus EZ N Wireless Nic http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/250/213729235.jpg, driver version is 1085.7.922.2009
I am not sure what the motherboard is because its just a generic one thats came in the pc, the PC is a HP

Do you think I should just try a wired connection, since it is probably going to be more reliable that way anyways

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Mgandee wrote: Do you think I should just try a wired connection, since it is probably going to be more reliable that way anyways
Indeed, let us know what the results are.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:42 pm

I'd recommend trying a wired connection - in our experience, many wireless NICs don't implement bridging properly, and it's unlikely you will get a reliable experience over WiFi, either.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

schmante

Post by schmante » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:06 am

I had a similar problem - when I ran through the network tuner setup the default was to a mac bridge (or something with a similar name). But, when I finally changed the selected network adapter to the network adapter on my motherboard (where ethernet was connected) the problem was fixed.

Apologies in advance for the simplified terminology. Not a total tech wiz - but trial and error seemed to fix a similar problem for me.