Surround Sound Issues/Volume Issues

SalmonSurprise

HTPC Specs: Show details

Surround Sound Issues/Volume Issues

Post by SalmonSurprise » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:41 am

On my Win 7 media center, connected to a Denon x4200 via HDMI, with a 5.1 system, I am having a couple issues.

1. When performing the WMC audio setup, WMC is playing rear channels through the front, and barely anything through the sub. It used to work properly.

2. Some shows/commercials still play in 5.1, while others seem to be all out the front with 95% out the center channel, and no bass. I have also noticed recently many shows/commercials are super loud compared to others. Never used to have that.

3. When playing audio from the WMC, the Denon displays “TV Audio Dolby Digital”, but when playing Netflix from another source plugged into the same input on the Denon, it reads “DDS+” and sounds great and works perfect.

I had Shark007 codecs installed, but uninstalled them to try to fix it. It might have helped a bit, but not much, if at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SalmonSurprise

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by SalmonSurprise » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:58 am

Update:

Fixed everything above by reinstalling HDMI audio drivers, but now have new issue. The volume control on WMC does nothing. You can put it to 1 or 50, same volume level for content playback, it does however, affect menu volume and fast playback. Any work around for this? Would hate to need to use my receiver remote. Also, fast playback volume seems to be using a different codec?