recording & start time issues

andrewjs18

HTPC Specs: Show details

recording & start time issues

Post by andrewjs18 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:26 pm

hi all,

I'm having an issue where when a scheduled recording is set to record, it'll usually skip it and record the 2nd or 3rd instance of it, if available, and then always seems to record 4 minutes after the set start time for the show. I can't figure out why...

I started having this issue after my epg123 guide stopped updating. rather than messing with epg123 too much, since I was running an old version of that software, I just updated to the latest available...but that required several steps prior to doing that. first, I updated windows 7 to windows 7 sp1 + the roll up update (I think that's what it's called), then had to update .net framework to the latest required by epg123 and then finally updated epg123 to the latest available on the website. after doing this, I reran the save & execute tool to load my guide into WMC since updating to SP1 seemed to of wiped that out.

my system time is accurate, as is what it shown in WMC...I have it synched with north-america.pool.ntp.org....

I have my WMC defaults set to record 2min before the show is scheduled and end 4 minutes after, where possible. I reset those back to the WMC defaults and then set those back to 2min before and 4 minutes after to no avail...

One thing I noticed though is that after updating to windows 7 SP1, it seemed to corrupt my task scheduler...as a test, I recreated a new user in windows and my task scheduler tool is 100% functional. after spending a bunch of time in the search engines, I came across an old article that suggested to ensure .net framework 3.5.1 is turned on (plus its 2 options) in the windows feature. .net framework 3.5.1 was turned on, but its 2 subsettings were not. I unchecked everything, applied the settings and rebooted the machine. after it rebooted, I turned that feature back on plus its 2 subsettings. now the task scheduler tool is loading but giving me errors as such, which I'm sure are connected to WMC and/or my tv tuner (ceton infinitv4):

how can I recreate those tasks?

any help is greatly appreciated!

andrewjs18

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by andrewjs18 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:54 pm

I believe this is fixed now... I got this fixed by manually deleting the corrupt tasks by following a guide on here:

viewtopic.php?p=102301#p102301