3 days of Big Red X

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
sgbroimp

HTPC Specs: Show details

3 days of Big Red X

Post by sgbroimp » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:47 pm

Do I need to do anything or will this sort itself out?

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:37 am

It depends on what the problem is. Have you checked EPG123's log for errors?

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:33 am

Yes, but I did not understand any of it as I really never accessed the client except for some minor tweaking after I installed way, way back. In any case i took some photos so maybe you might have an idea (Sorry to take up your time!)
IMG_3529.JPG
IMG_3528.JPG
IMG_3527.JPG

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:26 am

I recommend updating EPG123 to the latest version. V1.3.0.0 is quite old and will have problems with TLS security protocols for downloading from Schedules Direct.

Once you are updated, you can view the log file and look for the red and yellow entries to see what was causing the error. Open the client to see if all those log entries for no tuners appear again.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:43 pm

Many thanks, Gary. Big credit to you that 1.3.0.0 went as long as it did.

It looks like back then (Nov 2019), I downloaded your zipped file to my desktop and then unzipped the files and one folder to my programs86 folder on the C drive. I need to copycat that with the latest version and the new files will replace (with prompt, maybe?) or overwrite the old ones? No further changes, old settings, tweeks all kept etc.?

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:01 am

Well. a surprise here. Tonight back to green before i could do anything. Wonder if SD had some updateing to do but did not get done.

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:41 pm

sgbroimp wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:01 am Well. a surprise here. Tonight back to green before i could do anything. Wonder if SD had some updateing to do but did not get done.
The SD guys are great. Robert came right back to me. I don't understand much of what he said and now I am green light and happy so doubt I will fool with much except to maybe update the software version soon. Here is quote FWIW:

The servers have been updated, which should now be reflected in your application.

If your issue was with the schedule for a channel, then please have your application refresh its listings to pull the new data.

If your issue was with the channels in a lineup:

- if you are using the XML service then edit your lineup at the Schedules Direct web site to enable the new channels. Once you’ve done that, refresh the lineup in your application.

- if you are using the JSON service, then refresh the lineup in your application to get the update.