All my channels just got scrambled (randomly rearranged)

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Paul Anderegg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Paul Anderegg » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:50 pm

I manually matched the new scrambled line-up via subscribe function to my actual channels in CLIENT. One oddity, the scrambled corrupted line-up doesn't have Comedy Central, so to save access to South park, I had to add the non-digital line-up to the CONFIG and then just subscribed 48 to that. Updating fine now, back to normal...until SD fixes the problem and I have to rescramble everything again manually?

Paul

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:18 am

So, the scrambled lineup has apparently been fixed on SD's end, and it appears correct in the EPG config app. However, the channels that were incorrect before in WMC have all vanished - as in, they can't even be tuned. We have been through several lineup re-creations and updates in EPG, to no effect. What steps do I need to take to correct the lineup in WMC? Do I need to reconfigure the TV signal (yikes)?

Paul Anderegg

Post by Paul Anderegg » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:21 am

I just manually subscribed each channel to the listing I wanted that matches the actual channel. I had my old lineup saved so I could reference what station should be on which channel. I would say take 10 minutes to do that process and call it a day? I only have about 30 channels I really deal with so was not that big of an issue. I don't think you would have to do a tuner config even if you wipe the guide and start from scratch. If you get to a screen asking you to clear the tuners, don't do that.

Paul

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually did wind up trying TV signal setup, deciding we didn't have much to lose. Aside from telling it to *not* download guide data (which wouldn't work anyway), that brought all the channels back, albeit with no guide data. After that, just needed to clear cache, save and execute in EPG one more time, and after that was done the guide was back to normal. So it worked out in the end.