programing RCAP05BRremote control for windows7 media center

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by stevethebrain » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:02 pm

I have a RCA remote anyone know the code to program for w7mc? Plus procedure.
I also have a HP IR blaster and a wmc remote prefer to use the RCA to controll all.
thanks.

Space

Post by Space » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:29 pm

https://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/remote-code-finder/

You need the "revision number" from the remote that is supposedly in the battery compartment on most devices. "Media Center PC" is most likely what you use for the "Device Brand Name" and just pick the only option (or try each one) for "Device Type".

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:27 pm

Last edited by stevethebrain on Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:29 pm

excellent cbl 1272 worked fine now all the buttons appear to be mapped.

will I have to learn a green button for the RCA? I can use the live TV button from my harmony700 to startup w7mc.(I prefer to keep it in the toolbar)
or should I use the HP w7mc remotes green button?

additionally: I would like to jump directly to a channel by pressing it's #
like I'm watching 8 then press 12 the screen goes black and stays on 8 even if I press enter after the 12.

the initial RCA the second and now the third RCA all did this. I've been though a bunch of remotes some expensive some inexpensive, I really like the RCA I got lucky think I got the last brand new one on ebay.

thanks Space you the man I'm taking notes.
Attachments
media center code for RCA.jpg

Space

Post by Space » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:38 am

I'm no expert with universal remotes, and it's been a while since I messed with them...

I'm not sure how to get the green button working on the remote, it may not have been mapped to a button on the universal remote...

I'm also not sure how the remote can affect direct channel entry, unless the "enter" button is not sending the correct code, but even if you don't enter anything after the number, it should still change the channel after a timeout.

I don't remember, but I think the "select" button can also be used after you enter the number to change the channel, so maybe try that?

These universal remotes have always been a bit incomplete with their codes and often don't have all the buttons mapped (particularly for WMC).

I do recall that there are ways to map your own codes to the buttons through a sequence of key presses, but I never got in to that because I used a JP1 interface to "program" them.

You may want to check remote-specific forums (such as the one at http://www.remotecentral.com) to get better help, as it's been a while since I messed with any universal remotes (and even then I mostly used the JP1 interface to program them, which I think your remote actually may have, although I'm not sure).

With JP1 you can make your remote do exactly what you want, but it takes some work to learn everything and is not something most people would want to get in to unless you are a complete nerd like me :-).

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:14 pm

the RCA doesn't have a select button also there isn't a dedicated green button not I big deal I'll learn the RCAs green button as the green button.
it's weird I can't jump directly to a channel we have another RCA controlling none WMC TV and it will jump directly to channel will also return to last channel, what I'm reduced to is guide select channel OK, good thing pretty much everything I watch is recorded.

yes I've done sequences remote ppl refer to them as macros, I'll be setting up a few later right now I'm very satisfied w/ the RCA.
thanks again space you the man.