A few Channels Sent Incorrectly via IR Blaster

hvdctom

HTPC Specs: Show details

A few Channels Sent Incorrectly via IR Blaster

Post by hvdctom » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:31 am

I'm on version 1.7.0.10. I have 3 different channels that are not getting sent correctly to my cable box. My cable provider is Spectrum (digital). I can not figure out why cable box channel 197 is being sent via IR to the cable box as channel 2.

I've tried several google searches and searches here and could not find a post discussing this problem and how to fix.

I have 92 selected channels and so far two of them has this problem and both of them send channel 2 to the cable box instead of their actual channel number.

Thanks for any help
hvdctom

Space

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Space » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:58 am

You can try selecting "Edit Channel" while you have the channel highlighted in the channel guide (use left arrow to highlight the channel and not one of the programs) then select "Edit Sources" from the right click menu (or using the (i)info button on the remote) to see what tuner/channel is assigned to that main channel.

It's possible that channel 197 has assigned to it a tuner with channel 2 as the channel number. If it does, you should remove the check mark next to that (or those) tuner/channels.

Depending on how many tuners you have, you should see one tuner/channel entry for each tuner, where the channel is 197 and the tuners are the names of each tuner (tuner0, tuner1, tuner2, etc.). If you have 3 tuners but you see more than 3 entries here (scroll down to see them all), then you probably need to uncheck some of the ones that are not set to tune to the proper channel.