New Comcast TV adapter problem

Chocolate

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Comcast TV adapter problem

Post by Chocolate » Sat May 15, 2021 3:12 pm

I may have made the the mistake of updating a Comcast TV adapter this past week. After running WMC TV setup with the new adapter (PXD01ANI DTA Model Xid-P), I can't change the channel. My IR blaster is working and the IR light is flashing on the end attached to the adapter when I try to change the channel on WMC setup, but the channel won't change. Maybe they designed it so it won't work with WMC. My WMC is inoperable unless someone has a solution.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Sat May 15, 2021 5:13 pm

If you were not using an X1 set top box before, then Comcast documents that the IR codes are diferent between Legacy set top boxes and X1 set top boxes. So you will need to re set up WMC to issue the new codes AIUI.

Chocolate

Post by Chocolate » Sun May 16, 2021 11:20 am

Thanks for your reply, Yes I did try resetting the IR codes through WMC setup, when It was first installed this past week. I tried numerous times...I talked to Comcast/Xfinity , they said these type of boxes don't use IR for the remote, unless there's any other way to connect WMC to change the channels, I may be SOL. Unfortunately Comcast won't let me have the old DTA back.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Sun May 16, 2021 5:16 pm

Wow, that sucks. Although google claims that the X1 boxes can do both IR and RF according to this Xfinity forum post https://forums.xfinity.com/conversation ... 08cd5d1a6e

Chocolate

Post by Chocolate » Mon May 17, 2021 8:08 am

Thanks for the link, the cable guy did bring that link up on his phone when he was here and we put the IR at that location on the new DTA box . So yea, your right, the new DTA is IR capable, they told me it wasn't at the xfinity store when tried to exchange it for the old box... It may be a sensitivity issue or a compatible issue. The manual setup shows a list of DTA boxes, the Pace brand shows up but not my model... I've been using WMC for years, it something I looked forward to and worked great for me, this is a huge lose.