Battery icon at top right of WMC opening page?

Gravydog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Battery icon at top right of WMC opening page?

Post by Gravydog » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 am

I have been using WMC7 for many years and just tonight I noticed a (charged) battery icon at the top right of the MC opening screen just to the left of the minimize icon when I am near that corner with the mouse pointer and WMC is maximized. It isn't clickable and shows no info when hovered over. I haven't made any changes that might account for it as far as I know. I do have a UPC and its icon is in the system tray as usual. I am using EPG123 and using the original MS wireless WMC keyboard and remote if that gives anyone a clue. A Google search didn't shed any light for me. I swear I have never seen that icon before!

Rob

th3luk3st3r

Post by th3luk3st3r » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 am

That icon is typically only shown when the PC has a battery power source (i.e. a laptop, etc) - just as an indicator to the user :)

I'm not sure why it's suddenly started appearing for you though! Must be a glitch in the matrix ... ;)

Gravydog

Post by Gravydog » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have a task set that reboots the pc every night (makes ShowAnalyzer work better for commercial skipping) and today the icon is gone. I just switched VPNs to SurfShark and every morning it complains that some of its services need to be restarted so maybe that ties in somehow. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it to see if that cures its complaints.

Rob