Main channel of 4 not seen

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
mebehoof

HTPC Specs: Show details

Main channel of 4 not seen

Post by mebehoof » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:35 pm

Hi all,

In Yale, Mi 48097 and trying to watch WDIVDT which is the main WDIV channel (I think) and it won't come in it shows very little signal but all the other WDIV channels come in fine. This broadcast station location is right in the same area as WXYZ, WADL and many other Detroit local stations... I was getting it ...

Looked at my EPG client and master but no luck... rescaned in WMC and did signal strength and all that but no luck...

Any advice or direction will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks all and be safe, JOHN

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:25 pm

If you have the channel in your guide then it is likely not a EPG123 problem. First check that if you edit sources for that channel it shows the proper RF channel for WDIV 4 (Which should be 32). If that is correct, it is most likely a problem with your tuner, antenna or the broadcaster is having an issue with their transmission.

mebehoof

Post by mebehoof » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:07 pm

Client info for that channel shows tuning info reads UHF 45.1 but you say it should be 32??? How can I change that to 32? or is it like 32.0 or something like that?

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:46 pm

Actually, I am not sure which it should be. Wikipedia says this:
"In March 2017, the station announced that it would move its physical RF channel to UHF channel 32"
but TV fool still shows the physical channel as 45 so it's unclear to me which it really is.
Edit: TV Fool in a different place says it is on 32. So it may have moved to 32 not really clear.
You can try contacting the station to get the current state, possibly they are transitioning to 32 and it's in progress.
Also, you can sometimes verify by using your TV. e.g. my LG in it's menus has a channel setup menu where I can select a physical channel to tune and if it comes in it shows me signal strength and virtual channel number.
2nd Edit: Looking at the stations public file it also says they are on channel 32. So I would try adding a new channel 4.1 via the add channel menus or else you could redo your TV tuner setup and see if a scan picks up the channel 32 frequency.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Drive-by:

Scan for additional channels in WMC by settings->TV->TV Signal->Scan for More Channels. When that is done, you will need to go into the client and map your guide listings (right side) to your new merged channel (left side).
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io