Missing Driver for HdHomeRun Connect Duo

n4mwd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing Driver for HdHomeRun Connect Duo

Post by n4mwd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:55 pm

I bought an HD HomeRun Connect Duo tuner, but they don't seem to have a Windows 7 driver anywhere on the silicon dust website. There were no instructions or disk included in the box. They have a Live TV app, but its Windows 10 only. Also they have a DVR, but I don't want that either since I have WMC. Either way, I don't want their apps setting up all sorts of conflicts with WMC.

So I only need the driver and nothing else.

Is this tuner compatible with WMC? I thought they were, but its going back if its not.

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:02 pm

n4mwd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:55 pm I bought an HD HomeRun Connect Duo tuner, but they don't seem to have a Windows 7 driver anywhere on the silicon dust website.
You want the "HDHomeRun Software for Windows", right on their download page:
http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomer ... indows.exe

That contains drivers and utilities for all of their products, covering all versions of Windows from 7 to 10.

Install that, run the resulting HDHomeRun Setup app, then set up live TV in WMC and the tuner should be detected.

Space

Post by Space » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:09 pm

There is "HDHomeRun Software for Windows" on this page.

Also information here (see "Installer Notes" towards the bottom).

n4mwd

Post by n4mwd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:21 pm

I downloaded that, but I was concerned it might mess up WMC. I will try it and see.

I did get the tuner itself working with Roku. AFAICT, it seems to work pretty good. I'm not sure where they are getting the EPG info from, because its not coming from broadcast.

n4mwd

Post by n4mwd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:42 pm

UPDATE:
I am attempting to install the DVR software package from the above link. It took about 20 minutes to install another copy of Dot Net. I just installed it when I installed EPG123. Now its trying to install a copy of Visual C++ Library.

n4mwd

Post by n4mwd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:49 pm

UPDATE:
It installed and I ran the configuration utility. When it exited, it said "It might not have installed correctly". I'm trying to scan on WMC now.

n4mwd

Post by n4mwd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:24 pm

As I feared, it has totally messed up WMC so that it is completely unusable.

I am attempting to rebuild the EPG123 databases now.

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:41 pm

n4mwd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:42 pm UPDATE:
I am attempting to install the DVR software package from the above link. It took about 20 minutes to install another copy of Dot Net. I just installed it when I installed EPG123. Now its trying to install a copy of Visual C++ Library.
Why are you installing the DVR software? You said earlier you didn't want to use it. It's not required to use the HDHomeRun with WMC.

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:43 pm

n4mwd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:21 pm I did get the tuner itself working with Roku. AFAICT, it seems to work pretty good. I'm not sure where they are getting the EPG info from, because its not coming from broadcast.
Silicondust provides EPG data for its HDHomeRun apps, and for its DVR customers, but not for the rest of us (i.e. WMC users, even if we're using HDHomeRun hardware).

n4mwd

Post by n4mwd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:30 pm

tonywagner wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:41 pm Why are you installing the DVR software? You said earlier you didn't want to use it. It's not required to use the HDHomeRun with WMC.
That is the file that goes with the link provided above. They make you download the DVR software to get the driver.
tonywagner wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:43 pm Silicondust provides EPG data for its HDHomeRun apps, and for its DVR customers, but not for the rest of us (i.e. WMC users, even if we're using HDHomeRun hardware).
I'm wondering where they are putting the pause buffer. Not sure if the Roku has that much ram or if they are putting it on their servers.

I also installed it on FireStick. Does not work at all. It will show the EPG, but no live video on any channel. Looks like they need to work on it a bit more.

Although Roku plays fine, there is no way to rescan the channels or check signal strength which is annoying.