No TV signal at start of recording

philipt95148

HTPC Specs: Show details

No TV signal at start of recording

Post by philipt95148 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:59 pm

WMC7 with Hauppage 4 tuners on OTA West Coast

I switched from Charter/Spectrum to an OTA antenna and got a weird signal lag when recording. It says "no signal etc..." (see pic) but will eventually record after 2 or 3 tries. What I got is this annoying message that pop up x 3 or more. Pressing Recorded TV will make it go away but if you record 4 programs, you get 12 of these to press !!!!

It seems to be a signal lag from the Hauppage tuner card.
Is there a fix or sys config somewhere that anyone knows?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attachments
IMG_1832.JPG

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:30 pm

if you look in the recoding history, it should give more information about what it was doing when it failed.

I would look at the source in the affected channels to see if there are extra entries (other frequencies showing no signal) that are enabled and disable them.

philipt95148

Post by philipt95148 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:43 pm

technodevotee wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:30 pm if you look in the recoding history, it should give more information about what it was doing when it failed.

I would look at the source in the affected channels to see if there are extra entries (other frequencies showing no signal) that are enabled and disable them.
This is what it shows. Not sure what it tells us anything new.
Attachments
IMG_1842.JPG

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:11 pm

It tells you which tuner it was using when it failed so by looking through the error messages in the history, you can figure out if it is happening on all the tuners or just one or two.

If you go into tasks, settings, tv, guide, edit channels and double click on the channel(s) in question then open the edit sources tab you should see a list of tuners and which frequencies they are using.

There should be four tuners showing the same frequency with good signal strength and if there are any others that show low or no signal which are enabled, try disabling them.

WMC normally uses entries starting from the top of the list for viewing live tv and entries starting from the bottom of the list for recording.

philipt95148

Post by philipt95148 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:31 pm

It turned out to be a Ceton 4 tuner card from the old cable day that caused the error.
WMC used these first when recording started. I was able to deselect them in WMC and it is OK now.
The issue with 5.1 is a true signal strength with these PBS channels.
Thanks for your help.