Skipped matching WXYZ to channel ## due to channel already having an assigned listing

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Ladislaus

HTPC Specs: Show details

Skipped matching WXYZ to channel ## due to channel already having an assigned listing

Post by Ladislaus » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:52 am

The other day (8/30 or 31), I was looking around in the epg123Client.exe as well as epg123.exe and I must have inadvertently changed a setting because my trace.log is now reporting:

Code: Select all

[ INFO] Skipped matching WXYZ to channel ## due to channel already having an assigned listing.
...for every channel.

:oops:

What did I do? How do I correct this?

I've been running 1.2.4 since 8/20/2018.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:28 pm

The matching was skipped because WXYZ already had guide listings attached to it... EPG123 plays it safe and assumes that is what you want and will not override it. So it appears you may have changed a/some lineup(s) you download or now have in your database. Take the 2 examples below... they both are the same station (service="s25") on the same channel (number="1010"), but are from different lineups. Only 1 of those can be "matched" to a channel in your guide during automatch, so when it runs and sees channel 1010 already has a station assigned, but it is different than the one it is trying to match, it will make an entry in the log file and move on.

<Lineup id="l1" uid="!MCLineup!USA-0000001-CUSTOM" name="HDHomeRun Premium TV - East (National)">
  <channels>
    <Channel uid="!Channel!USA-0000001-CUSTOM!60222_1010_0" lineup="l1" service="s25" number="1010" subNumber="0" />

<Lineup id="l2" uid="!MCLineup!USA-0000002-CUSTOM" name="HDHomeRun Premium TV - West (National)">
  <channels>
    <Channel uid="!Channel!USA-0000002-CUSTOM!60222_1010_0" lineup="l2" service="s25" number="1010" subNumber="0" />
The way to properly clean this up would be to remove the old/unwanted lineup(s) from your database using the Client Guide Tool.

Remove unused lineup(s):
1) select the lineup to remove in the pulldown box on the right side
2) click the 'X' button to the right of that pulldown

Update assigned lineups/stations:
1) click the [Custom Labels] button on the left side to read [Original Labels]
2) click the Match by: [# Number] button to update any channels that were originally assigned to a lineup which was removed above
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Ladislaus

Post by Ladislaus » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Your instructions did the trick. Thank you.

Note: The X (delete) button wasn't obvious in the client app, because it was only visible when clicking on the 'more' icon toggle.