Signal not strong enough for WMC, works fine with WinTV

Roginator

HTPC Specs: Show details

Signal not strong enough for WMC, works fine with WinTV

Post by Roginator » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:19 pm

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD hooked to an antenna in an upstairs bedroom. The included app - WinTV - gets more channels than does Media Center. Is there a way to lower the signal standards for Media Center through the registry?

If not, I suppose I can record using the WinTV software, but I'd like the convenience of Media Center's scheduler.

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:39 pm

Try updating the drivers of the Network Adapter from the chipset manufacturer, not the motherboard manufacturer.
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Roginator

Post by Roginator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:23 am

Thanks for the link. Oddly, it appears I did this registry patch years ago. I'm too chicken to modify other threshhold numbers. I'm nerdy, but not THAT nerdy.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Roginator wrote:Thanks for the link. Oddly, it appears I did this registry patch years ago. I'm too chicken to modify other threshhold numbers. I'm nerdy, but not THAT nerdy.
Just make a backup, make a note with what key you actually changed and if it gets worse, put it back the way it was.

One of the Nice features about WMC is it's on Windows, The registry is a magical place where you can tweak the heck out of WMC (or break things). Don't be afraid of it, it's not that bad, just read up and change what you need and always have a backout plan (a backup !)
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012