Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950q & KNTV NBC on Comcast Oakland CA

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
sfniceguy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950q & KNTV NBC on Comcast Oakland CA

Post by sfniceguy » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:22 pm

I am not able to find the digital QAM channel for the local NBC station KNTV on the Comcast Oakland CA system, only the analog version of it. The other TV's with digital tuners in my house are able to find it as "11.1" -- but my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950q cannot find it at that number. Anyone else run into this. I know I can manually add a channel -- but I don't know what the actual digital channel number is.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:25 pm

When you do a digital channel scan on your TV, what is the total number of channels found? Have you compared that number with the total number of channels found using the Hauppauge tuner?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

sfniceguy

Post by sfniceguy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:57 am

sfniceguy wrote:I am not able to find the digital QAM channel for the local NBC station KNTV on the Comcast Oakland CA system, only the analog version of it. The other TV's with digital tuners in my house are able to find it as "11.1" -- but my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950q cannot find it at that number. Anyone else run into this. I know I can manually add a channel -- but I don't know what the actual digital channel number is.
I finally found the answer to my own question (it only took me a year). The answer is: on Comcast on the Oakland, CA system, NBC (KNTV) is currently (as of Jan 2013) carried on QAM channel 43.7594. Go figure!