What's wrong with TV & what it will take to change it..

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
adam1991

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by adam1991 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:21 pm

stonethecrows wrote:This is the catch22 of the commercial funded model. After all it's those dollars that pay for the 'quality' of the TV. If everyone skips them, the outcome is inevitable.
The only constant is change. Things *will* change. In the meantime, I will take what I can.

It is all about ME. And that is an attitude that Hollywood execs understand and appreciate.

STC

Post by STC » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Yes well put lol.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:38 pm

adam1991 wrote:One day they started prattling on about "this is Peggy", and all I could do was smile and nod. This went on for a solid year before I stumbled upon a link to a Youtube video of one of the "Hello, this is Peggy" commercials.
That happens to me all the time at work. I suppose I should reply with, "Commercials? There are commercials on TV?"

spearss91

Post by spearss91 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 am

adam1991 wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:I guess I'm nowhere near "average", then. I skip all the commercials on TV and listen to satellite radio on my 35-45 minute (each way) commute. As a result, I am completely out of touch with advertising. I don't hear commercials in the car, and I don't see commercials at home.
You've just described my life for the last many years.

I have occasion to call some help desk people in my organization; they're remote, but we're good drinking buddies when I'm up at the corporate complex. We know each other pretty well. One day they started prattling on about "this is Peggy", and all I could do was smile and nod. This went on for a solid year before I stumbled upon a link to a Youtube video of one of the "Hello, this is Peggy" commercials.

Such is the life of those who are happily oblivious to commercials....
You have posted a video on the youtube and that is "peggy", i really interested in watching that video... :clap:

Will you post a link of that video here...
Watch Free movies online free with ultimate video sources. Online fun magazine for youth where you can get a knowledge about latest movies!!