Reset DRM Tool not available any more?

h2oskiphil

HTPC Specs: Show details

Reset DRM Tool not available any more?

Post by h2oskiphil » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:33 am

I'm having the dreaded Playready Update Incomplete issue when trying to set up my new Hauppauge DCR-2650 on an older HP Pavilion dv6 running Win7 Home Premium. I'm able to view almost all my Mediacom channels (SD and HD) except the channels that are on the Sports Expansion Pack, which are considered "premium" channels, and look to be DRM protected. Since Playready won't update, I just get a blank screen when I try to view or record these channels.

I've seen some fixes that talk about running the MS Reset DRM tool, but every link I've found is either dead, non-functioning (the official Microsoft one just has a greyed out box where you would try to start it), or (in one case) I got a message that the tool I downloaded will only work with Vista or XP, even though it was linked from a page discussing doing this reset for Win 7. Is there a good link anywhere to a Win 7 DRM Reset tool, or did Microsoft kill all of them?

sbaeder

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by sbaeder » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 pm

did you try using the compatibility settings to tellthe exe to run in Vista or XP "mode"...(properties / compatibility?)