Remote Potato

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garymeter48

HTPC Specs: Show details

Remote Potato

Post by garymeter48 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:29 am

I use Remote Potato to remotely access my HTPC WMC guide. I can only see 14 days of guide data and I would like to see all 21 days provided by EPG123. Does anyone know how to change Potato so I can see all of my guide data. The old forums for RP are closed.

Space

Post by Space » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:23 am

There is a setting on the server settings page on the "Advanced (WMC)" tab that allows you to set the number of days ahead to view. By default it is set to 14 days. I don't know if that will do what you want, as I have never touched that setting.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:29 am

Also you could try TeamViewer, and you might even be able to "Watch TV" rather than just watch the guide.

garymeter48

Post by garymeter48 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 am

Space wrote:There is a setting on the server settings page on the "Advanced (WMC)" tab that allows you to set the number of days ahead to view. By default it is set to 14 days. I don't know if that will do what you want, as I have never touched that setting.
Yes, I am familiar with that setting. It changes the number of days that you can see Scheduled Recordings and I have it set to 21 days. It works because I can see my Scheduled recordings up to 21 days ahead. It's the guide screen that I view remotely on another pc. I would like to extend the range up to 21 days.

Space

Post by Space » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:54 am

I see... If you use the web/Silverlight client to access the Remote Potato server what happens when you view days in the guide past 14 days?

I am able to view days past the point where I have actual data, it just shows black and grey bars. I assume it does the same for you after 14 days even though you have data in the guide past 14 days? Note that I only have 13 days of guide listings so I can't test if this works or not.

If so, it may be hard coded, as I don't see any other settings that may affect this, unless they don't show that setting in Settings->Debug->Show server settings (from the client).

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:51 pm

I used to use this but switched to My Media Center for my current HTPC.

Given that Remote Potato was written back when the MS 14-day EPG was the only option, I strongly suspect that this is hard-coded. Remote Potato has a number of other senseless hard coded limits e.g. album and track title length.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

sbaeder

Post by sbaeder » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:23 am

But the code is available if you really want to fix it!! I have looked at the code, and it is pretty well laid out, so shouldn't be too hard to fix if you really want it.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:33 am

That is true from the server component but not for the mobile client apps. So you could fix it for web access but the apps might not reflect or handle the change. The title limit issue I mentioned is a client-side bug.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1