Show Series Recording Setup

choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Show Series Recording Setup

Post by choliscott » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 am

Does anybody know how WMC handles show series recordings, another words which episodes to record & which ones not to record?

Recently I had to reset WMC & I decided to move the existing records from the Recorded TV folder to another folder (thus to have WMC think there was nothing recorded).
When I went to set up my series recordings, I noticed the time I saw the 3 red dots was a lot faster compared to if I left the existing recordings in the Recorded TV folder.
Based upon seeing this, I am also wondering if it looks at existing recordings in the "Recorded TV" folder.

If it does look at the shows already recorded in the "Recorded TV" folder, is that the only folder it looks at or would it look at all folders added under the Recorded TV Media Library. My thought was to maybe add another folder called Rec TVr & once or twice a day to move any recordings from "Recorded TV" to "Rec TV".

Thanks

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:24 am

It looks only in your defined Recorded TV folder.

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:24 pm

I don't think it actually looks at the files in the "recorded TV" folder, but go through the log to see what was recorded and what has not been recorded, yet.

Location of your recorded content would be irrelevant after you recorded it.