Glasses Free 3DTV!

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
makryger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Glasses Free 3DTV!

Post by makryger » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:59 am

I was never a big fan of 3D... mostly because the glasses were a hassle and I didn't like paying an extra $3 at the movie theater for the extra dimension. Well, both of those problems have been solved with Toshiba's autostereoscopic 4k 3d TV. I am happy to report that our old friend Ben Drawbaugh says it "does not suck"!

http://www.engadget.com/photos/eyes-on- ... tv/4724610
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:57 am

$3 for an extra dimension sounds like a bargain to me. however i still don't see 3d adding anything to my viewing experience

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:37 am

Pretty interesting stuff. It would be nice to see it first hand. I just bought an active 3D plasma and I love it. The glasses don't bother me at all. If everything was filmed in native 3D (with actual 3D cameras and not converted from 2D), I'd want to watch just about everything in 3D.

I'm sure that if they can make the glasses-free tech work well and bring the price down, it will be a hit. So many people are hung up on the glasses that it kills the sales of 3D TV's. They're really not that bad to wear and the prices have come way down on the active glasses. They were around $150/pair last year, but this year they are about $30/pair... and with some negotiating, you can get several pairs for free with the TV. I got the salesman to knock $450 off the price of the set, AND throw in four pairs of glasses and a 3D BD player.