WMC7 archive failures

rgalverson

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC7 archive failures

Post by rgalverson » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:59 am

Hi, I have a very strange problem. I have several win7 clients with WMC that connect to my WHS2011 server. One is my HTPC and generally records my series. That works, but just recently the archive to the server has failed. When I hover over the failure, it says "TV Archive does not have permission to access this folder". I thought something was bolluxed up on the HTPC so I restored it to 2 weeks earlier. No change. Now, I tried recording on another PC and archive failed the same way there too. I looked at the security on the Recorded TV folder on the server, and it has the "Mc-{hostname}" entries to allow access, just the same as the Music and Pictures folders. Is there some other folder tv archive tries to access?

I'm not sure exactly how I got this way. However, before I noticed this I also noticed another odd thing. Because of the Win10 situation, I had installed NextPVR on the server. I did a test recording and that seemed to work. However, when I deleted the recording (using windows explorer, not WMC) it still showed on in the recorded tv list on the HTPC. I could try to delete it with WMC, but it also showed up again. I couldn't play it as the file wasn't there anymore. I seem to have cleared that up, but I have the archive problem instead.

Any clues? I'm not sure what to look at even.

Thanks for any help

Bob

rgalverson

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by rgalverson » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:54 am

Hi, believe it or not, this is still busted for me. Can someone look on the server and tell me if the Mc-{host} accounts are supposed to be disabled? I looked in Server Manager -> Configuration -> Local Users and Groups -> Users and found all my Mc- accounts disabled. I never changed them before, but I never looked at them before to know if they were somehow changed. In any case, I tried enabling them but archive still fails with the same permission error.

I have been trying to capture the interaction between client and server with wireshark and with the accounts enabled it seems like archive is getting further (more good looking traffic occurs) but I still get the errors.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bob