Garbled audio?

bilditup1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Garbled audio?

Post by bilditup1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:43 pm

Recently audio from WMC has been coming out garbled and delayed. I only watch via Extenders - Ceton Echos and Xbox 360. Symptoms are not localized to any extender. Have updated Intel Graphics and Display Audio drivers to their latest versions - no change. Have switched Dolby Digital bitstreaming on and off - again, no change.

Any ideas? I'm at the end of my rope and increasingly infuriated once more at how fragile WMC is and at the utter lack of usable replacements available for it.

DanH

Post by DanH » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:34 am

Not sure if this will help or not, but I had audio problems shortly before my power supply bit the dust. If you have any way of testing it, check the power supply. If not, buy a USB audio device (can't be all that expensive) and see if that is any better.

Is your current audio part of your motherboard or an add-on card?

I have found Media Center under Windows 7 to be very stable
Was Danh_HP_m376n

bilditup1

Post by bilditup1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:39 am

DanH wrote:Not sure if this will help or not, but I had audio problems shortly before my power supply bit the dust. If you have any way of testing it, check the power supply. If not, buy a USB audio device (can't be all that expensive) and see if that is any better.

Is your current audio part of your motherboard or an add-on card?

I have found Media Center under Windows 7 to be very stable
Neither - the only playback I'm doing is via Extenders. The PC itself simply works as a backend. Onboard, there are drivers installed for audio via HDMI and via the motherboard's built-in sound card (some Realtek flavor).
Meanwhile, the situation has deteriorated: sound is now randomly dropping out completely, across all TVs.
Anyway. Thanks for chiming in.

bilditup1

Post by bilditup1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:40 am

As for WMC - all I can say is, you're one of the lucky ones.