Why do I see VTS folders in Movie Library and how to fix?

mrgulic

HTPC Specs: Show details

Why do I see VTS folders in Movie Library and how to fix?

Post by mrgulic » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:51 am

When I go to the Movie Library I see the typical boxes representing movies (with their cover art etc), but on a few movies however I see a blank box (where the movie cover art should be) for VIDEO_TS and all the VTS _* files. Why is this happening? They were ripped just like the other movies that show up as one would expect. How do I fix it?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance you can render.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:49 pm

mrgulic wrote:
To me, the picture "looks like" you have a DVD in the player, and the DVD drive (D? E? or F?) is shared in the library.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:47 pm

By the way.....If you rename SEVEN_PSYCHOPATHS to its proper IMDb name, Seven Psychopaths (2012) the cover art will likely, magically appear.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1931533/

Same with Epic (2013)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848537/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Crash2009 wrote:
mrgulic wrote:
To me, the picture "looks like" you have a DVD in the player, and the DVD drive (D? E? or F?) is shared in the library.
If DVD In player is not the case, I think I would just delete the VIDEO_TS files.

mrgulic

Post by mrgulic » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Crash2009 wrote: To me, the picture "looks like" you have a DVD in the player, and the DVD drive (D? E? or F?) is shared in the library.
Thanks for your reply, but thats not it. When its a DVD from a drive there is an CD/DVD icon in the lower right/left corner of the box.

The VIDEO_TS folder contains the movie files (so in the words of South Park's Mr. Mackey, "That would be bad").

I rip all my DVDs the same way (DVDFab), but on occasion one will act this way and I have never been able to figure out why.
Last edited by mrgulic on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:12 pm

Did you select one of the folders in efforts to identify what movie or movies it is? That might offer an explanation if you know what movie and folder it's in. You may want to describe your folder strucure here but you may want to verify first that nothing is funky first by double checking what folders are being skimmed.

mrgulic

Post by mrgulic » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:32 pm

mcewinter wrote:Did you select one of the folders in efforts to identify what movie or movies it is? That might offer an explanation if you know what movie and folder it's in. You may want to describe your folder structure here but you may want to verify first that nothing is funky first by double checking what folders are being skimmed.
I went back to examine the folder structure of the one acting up (Wolf of Wall Street) and compare it to one that isn't acting up ........ and I noticed that it's not acting up anymore. The folder structures are the same. Type of files are the same, number of files depends on the DVD production.

{movie_title}\VIDEO_TS(all files here)
{movie_title}\AUDIO_TS(never any files here)

I don't understand. This is very perplexing. I would not have expected it to resolve itself. I know that I didn't do anything to resolve it.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:59 pm

mrgulic wrote:
mcewinter wrote:Did you select one of the folders in efforts to identify what movie or movies it is? That might offer an explanation if you know what movie and folder it's in. You may want to describe your folder structure here but you may want to verify first that nothing is funky first by double checking what folders are being skimmed.
I went back to examine the folder structure of the one acting up (Wolf of Wall Street) and compare it to one that isn't acting up ........ and I noticed that it's not acting up anymore. The folder structures are the same. Type of files are the same, number of files depends on the DVD production.

{movie_title}\VIDEO_TS(all files here)
{movie_title}\AUDIO_TS(never any files here)

I don't understand. This is very perplexing. I would not have expected it to resolve itself. I know that I didn't do anything to resolve it.
Do you have folder art as well? You may have taken the above screenshot before the folder was scraped by whatever software you're using for metadata. You show other titles without art, so it looks like something could be improved upon.

mrgulic

Post by mrgulic » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:24 am

mcewinter wrote: Do you have folder art as well? You may have taken the above screenshot before the folder was scraped by whatever software you're using for metadata. You show other titles without art, so it looks like something could be improved upon.
Less than a month ago I built a new HTPC, and it was so long ago that built the one its replacing that I don't recall what I installed to get metadata ..... if MCE doesn't do that auto-magically. I gotta start writing things down ..... cause my brain's certainly not retaining that info any longer. Getting older sucks!

I'll have to fire up the old system and generate an install list for review. Unless you have a recommendation ... all i know is that I never had to do a thing and the movie was was auto-magically added.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:30 am

mrgulic wrote:
mcewinter wrote: Do you have folder art as well? You may have taken the above screenshot before the folder was scraped by whatever software you're using for metadata. You show other titles without art, so it looks like something could be improved upon.
Less than a month ago I built a new HTPC, and it was so long ago that built the one its replacing that I don't recall what I installed to get metadata ..... if MCE doesn't do that auto-magically. I gotta start writing things down ..... cause my brain's certainly not retaining that info any longer. Getting older sucks!

I'll have to fire up the old system and generate an install list for review. Unless you have a recommendation ... all i know is that I never had to do a thing and the movie was was auto-magically added.
See post #3 and the magic will start happening again.

Mpgrimm2

Post by Mpgrimm2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:22 am

I've been using "MyMovies" app for metadata with my DVDfab rips to fill in and correct MediaCenter's missing info for some DVDs.
Sometimes it still happens and comes back after exiting and re entering MediaCenter's Movies strip.

But I don't get those vts folders like you do.