Viewing TV recordings on portable devices

SJMaye

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by SJMaye » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:26 am

Thanks for the link, Crash.

Can you tell me about the client apps? Do you have any experience with them? The reason I ask is I had hoped to navigate with a remote control rather than a webpage with mouse. I thought one of them would allow navigation similar to media center.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:00 pm

SJMaye wrote:Thanks for the link, Crash.

Can you tell me about the client apps? Do you have any experience with them?
Nope, I don't use any.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:55 pm

SJMaye wrote: The reason I ask is I had hoped to navigate with a remote control rather than a webpage with mouse.
Emby Theater or Emby plugin for WMC might allow you to control with a remote, although I haven't tried them.

https://emby.media/downloads/emby-theater/

https://emby.media/downloads/emby-for-w ... ia-center/

mjktg99

Post by mjktg99 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:54 pm

SJMaye wrote:Thanks for the link, Crash.

Can you tell me about the client apps? Do you have any experience with them? The reason I ask is I had hoped to navigate with a remote control rather than a webpage with mouse. I thought one of them would allow navigation similar to media center.
I use Roku's for my tv. So it is all remote based via the Roku app. They also have android and android TV apps. The android TV app is based on the leanback premise so it is all remote based as well. They have a Windows client that's in beta and also the WMC plugin (Media Browser Classic)

Edit: Sorry, I am using their old name. The above post is correct. Emby Theatre and Emby Plugin.