Media Center Tasks corrupt

windsonged

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center Tasks corrupt

Post by windsonged » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:30 pm

I recently took my computer to the Geek Squad for an unrelated issue. The operating system had to be completely reinstalled, and as part of that I agreed to upgrade to Windows 10. Then, I found out that my work software would not work with Windows 10, so, before even taking the computer home, I asked them to roll it back to Windows 7.

As soon as I got my computer back, I tried to set up WMC with my TV tuner card (Hauppage 1800). Never had a problem with this before. However, during the process of installing PlayReady, it said the image had been corrupted or tampered with. I tried skipping PlayReady and going on with the process, but when downloading the TV data for my region, nothing happens. 7 hours and no movement on the download bar.

As I said, this was immediately after I got the computer back, so I know I did nothing to tamper with the file. However, when I run taskschd.msc, many tasks are corrupted, particularly ones related to using the TV tuner.

I suspect that this is damage done by rolling back the OS from 10 to 7. Is there any fix that doesn't involve reinstalling the entire OS?