"The PlayReady Update was incomplete"

Sancho

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Sancho » Thu May 08, 2014 4:10 am

seangrimes wrote:
Sancho wrote:Everytime I tune to one, I'm prompted to update PlayReady, but it fails every time. I've gone through so many cockamamie procedures (from various forums, including one at Microsoft), and finally reinstalled Win7 (from scratch), and did Ceton's less-than-accurate version of the ones I'd tried before. No dice.

No dice.
I know how frustrating that can be. I tried every trick in the book, but nothing worked for me. The only think that worked for me was restarting my Infinitv 6 eth. After doing that, Playready would update on its own or would always complete.
I saw that over on the M$ thread and replied to you (you can ignore that now). But I've got an InfiniTV 4, and this problem is on the client PC, not the host. I'm not willing to mess with the host, other than setting up network tuners, which I've done before, so I knew I could revert it and no harm done, if need be.

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Thu May 08, 2014 4:26 am

seangrimes wrote:I know how frustrating that can be. I tried every trick in the book, but nothing worked for me. The only think that worked for me was restarting my Infinitv 6 eth. After doing that, Playready would update on its own or would always complete.
In another post you mention that you have a Moto CC and not Cisco, but it looks like there is also an issue with some firmware on the TAs for moto setups as well with handling more than 4 streams.

What is the firmware on the CC and what is the firmware on the TA so that we can compare it with reports where the Tivo 6 tuner units were also having issues with more than 4 streams.

If others either here or on the Tivo boards happen to have the same firmware as you do and are also having similar issues it may point to the specific firmware with the issue at least for Moto users...
Time is on my side.

kp4akb

Post by kp4akb » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:27 pm

A month after TWC replaced my Tuning Adapter everything is working great. No more PlayReady problems or weak signal etc.
Ed Rios

Kabob

Post by Kabob » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:30 am

Solution #2 Worked for me - First time!

Have been running Win7 WMC with a Hauppauge DCR-2650 dual tuner for over 2 years Very Smoothly...
(never a problem!, once i got Comcast to get the card avtivated correctly)
Nice Setup, Love it!

But, yesterday 29 July 2014 I got the dreaded Cant play recorded content, Weak signal, Update Playready Errors - on Premium chanels only. Everything else(all nonPremium) channels worked fine, but whacked on HBO, Max, etc...
Oops! no hardware changes, no nothin - Just Whacked! Checked everything, connections, possible software updates, rebooted everything (lots a times) - just Whackoed - Wasted a day trying various fixes - - Finally found this thread!
Solution #2 did it, First time!
And Thanks to Everyone!

I read all the posts and dont think its related to any particular reviecver as it happened to my Hauppauge too!
And probably not MS/Win updates as I'm a MS .net/SQL software developer and run almost pure vanalla (strong, solid, Fast!) MS boxes with all important updates activated/instaled automaticly - no problems... and have had no hardware changes lately.

If anything the signal provider, im my case Comcast, is the most likely suspect... In the last few days before being whacked we had noticed our TV's with Comcast Xfinity boxes had been having some service interuptions and the boxes would be rebooting randomly - Hummm... Digital signal changes, channel/channel lineups on the fly perhaps??? Perhaps even Lightining - Lighting here in FLA whacks a LOTTA recivers! (thru power line and cable connections!)
Oh Well, Its Fixed - Solotion #2! We'll see how long it lasts...
Thanks all!

bilditup1

Post by bilditup1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:45 pm

mdavej wrote:In my experience, solution 2 is only temporary. The only permanent fix that worked for me in some cases was this (only works in IE):

http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Ind ... ndivit.asp
Sorry, in which order? Just following the directions at that site, and then update PlayReady in WMC? Or do we need to do anything else?'

ED: NVM. I ran that, then tried to run the ResetDRM tool, but it couldn't get 'exclusive control over the data store', so it didn't do anything. I had also run it right before I had run the tool from the above-quoted link.
Anyway, after the second, failed run of ResetDRM, I tried to go through PlayReady setup again. Lo and behold it worked! Hurray! God bless you sir. I'm forwarding this to Ceton, so that they can add it to their PlayReady guide. Thanks a lot mdavej!!!

Ecurb

Post by Ecurb » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 pm

I upgraded my old Win7 HTPC Dell E510+GEForceGT240 from a Pentium D 3.0 to a 3.4. This succeeded at allowing me to stream 1080p+Dolby5.1 to the Dell without stuttering.

The only problem was now I got the can't play protected media and then the PlayReady Update incomplete when I tried to update it.

I did solution two which had no impact. I then did solution one, uninstalled playready, but before I reinstalled it I went and checked what MC would do without it. Humorously, everything now played just fine :wtf: . It might be temporary luck,but for now I'm running without it.

Ecurb

Post by Ecurb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:32 pm

I recently upgraded the PC case on my ceton infinitiv 4 HTPC so things would run cooler and my issues with Weak Signal went away (Comcast/Xfinity). The infinitiv 4 still showed an operating temperature in the 50s but the rest of the box (mobo, gpu, cpu) dropped down from the 50s to the 30s. However, I then started to get the Playready update issue and the Display Driver Error (where the fix was to unmaximize and then maximize WMC). Here I tried Solution 2 but without running through WMC setup again. My Display Driver Error went away. I don't have premium channels and I've just done this (ie, not a lot of time has gone by yet) but so far everything is once again working as expected. :clap:

tootal2

Post by tootal2 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:44 pm

I use to hate playready. If you update any thing on your computer playready will brake. I used the work around to fix it 2 times. But I have a tivo roamio basic now so I don't care about playready