WMC locks up exiting Full Screen mode

Mugsy

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC locks up exiting Full Screen mode

Post by Mugsy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Help, I'm one of the unlucky few that had to jump through hoops getting my EPG to switch hosts. Miserable experience. In the process, I had to uninstall/reinstall WMC, and now it is behaving oddly. :(

Everything works just fine now with one exception: When I switch TO Full Screen mode, it takes about 20 seconds for the picture to return. Attempting to exit Full Screen mode does not work at all. The screen freezes and I'm forced to do a 3-finger salute to exit the program. I've waited for up to 6 minutes for the program to exit on its own but it never does.

I have no idea why this is happening. It's not related to the TV because simply opening WMC and trying to change views does the same thing.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? It never happened prior to reinstalling WMC and I REALLY don't want to go through installing it all over again now that it is working, simply to fix something so minor.

TIA.

DanH

Post by DanH » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:16 pm

It sounds like an issue with the video drivers. Have you tried reinstalling them? Maybe something got corrupted during the uninstall/reinstall.
Was Danh_HP_m376n

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:55 am

I literally said, "Wow!" That was it. Hit the nail on the head. I updated to the latest nVidia driver and the problem vanished!

Thanks!