Sandisk ReadyCache Desktop Accelerator 32gb SDD

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

Sandisk ReadyCache Desktop Accelerator 32gb SDD

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Hey all,

Figured I would post this here as there this product would work awesome for a WMC machine. What this does is it's an add-on SSD, and it caches your files as you use them. So after installing this, it will cache your boot up files and use them off the SSD and same with your most used applications. I moved to a full SSD and don't need it any more...

If your using a standard HD, you can add this and after rebooting a few times it will add all the boot up files to the SSD and make your system boot like SSD performance. Same with your apps, after you use them a while with this drive. This will make a major boost in boot up time and WMC should load a lot faster.

Install is easy,
1. Install drive into computer
2. boot and install software
3. Enable software.
4 Reboot a few times for it to configure itself.

It comes with SSD, Cable, box and manuals.

info here...
http://www.sandisk.com/goto/ssdrc/diychev/

If your thinking about an SSD but, don't want to deal with moving your OS to another drive this is the 2nd best thing and almost the same performance. It really does work, I used it for about 6 months before moving to a full SSD and it was a VERY NOTICABLE difference.

Say $45+shipping ? (pictures on request)
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

steveo_in_sd

Post by steveo_in_sd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:14 am

Amazon has them new with Prime shipping for $46. Does $35 including shipping work?

Either way, thanks for putting this up. I wasn't aware that this kind of product existed.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:39 pm

steveo_in_sd wrote:Amazon has them new with Prime shipping for $46. Does $35 including shipping work?

Either way, thanks for putting this up. I wasn't aware that this kind of product existed.
I have it in a USPS Priority mail flat rate box, so if you go to $40, I will include shipping so I can net around $32-35 for it (I did pay around $60 for it when I got it a while ago), I will be cool with it.

If you can do paypal via gift today, I will ship it out in the morning. I sent you an email with my email address to paypal If you want it...

THoughts ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

steveo_in_sd

Post by steveo_in_sd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Thanks for offering to come down, but I think I'll get a new one with a warranty for a little more.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:12 pm

If you want it for cheaper ($35), I'll do it but, will pack it in a first rate package to lower the costs for me...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:29 pm

It's on ebay starting at $9.99 Bid away if you want it, it goes for like $45-60, and it really makes a big difference in performance, I think on a Media Center dedicated machine it would make a MAJOR difference in performance over a standard HD...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/221820251646?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:20 am

I still have this item if someone is interested, make me a fair offer and it's yours..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:34 pm

DavidinCT wrote:I still have this item if someone is interested, make me a fair offer and it's yours..
This has been sold and is no longer available. Too bad, would of been the perfect tool if you were using a standard hard drive as a OS drive in your HTPC...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave