WTB Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe card

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

WTB Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe card

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:15 am

Hey all,

If anyone has one sitting around, I am looking for one to replace my Ceton InfiniTV 4, budget around $100-125 or so for a used one.

If you have one your interested in selling, drop me a PM or email me at <my user name> @Hotmail.com

Thanks !

-Dave
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:18 pm

lol, Not to hijack your post David but I would be interested in either a PCIe6 or ETH for around that price if some one has another one they are willing to sell, but as this is David's post please give him priority. : D

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:51 pm

I've got a 4 I'd sell for half that price......

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:42 pm

If you have one for sale drop me an email. I want an internal one due to the way my systems setup (I like it all in one case) I have seen the ETH ones go for around $100-140 on ebay on the low edn, their prices have dropped over the last few months (maybe because MS killed MCE ?). I saw an internal one with 3 Ceton extenders go for $182 change (Yea, crazy deal). I would only go with an ETH if it was a lot cheaper...

I just don't want to deal with possible network issues that is why I want an internal.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

STC

Post by STC » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:12 pm

^ I went from a PCIe to an ETH and have had no issues using a cheap Netgear 4 port switch inline between the HTPC ---> ETH / Rest of network
That way it keeps all TV traffic local and away from the main LAN.
Another added benefit of this is a much cooler HTPC innards, slower fans, quieter machine.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:42 pm

3rob3 wrote:I've got a 4 I'd sell for half that price......
I've got a 4 PCIe one now, Wanted the extra tuners and the tuner Pools for sharing. On the 4 I have to assign a tuner to another PC, so if my HTPC WMC needs it, it cant access it. It works but, every once in a while I miss a show because there is only 2 tuners available (desktop and tablet)
STC wrote:^ I went from a PCIe to an ETH and have had no issues using a cheap Netgear 4 port switch inline between the HTPC ---> ETH / Rest of network
That way it keeps all TV traffic local and away from the main LAN.
Another added benefit of this is a much cooler HTPC innards, slower fans, quieter machine.
Yea, I know for the most part no issues but, I would prefer not to leave that possible problem there. If I have it internal, I have -0- chance of a network issue in anyway, so why open the door for a POSSABLE problem if I don't have to ? See my point.

My HTPC is very quiet, and some days it gets warm but, never high enough to worry about problems.

I'll look at both of them but, seeing what they are starting to go for, I don't think I would be willing to pay as much for a ETH model...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:16 am

I have a infiniTV 6 (PCIe) its been great. I had two InfiniTV 4's for a long time and I went with the 6 so I could loose the extra cost each month for the extra cableCARD from Comcast and then I could also squeeze in a dual slot video card for better gaming. I now kind of wish I had the network tuner instead as I am hoping Xbox One may one day support network tuners.. I know it's probably a pipe dream but it sure would be nice to be able to use the XB1 with these tuners. No way I can squeeze a PCIe version in a Xbox One.. the infiniTV 6 has been great though for me.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:47 am

Couldn't a ETH be set up just like a PCIe 6 with a static IP and a second NIC card?

I actually have two PCIe 6's I removed from my system yesterday. I debating on selling them. I was hoping to get closer to $160 for them but if I don't go through eBay I can let them go fo a little less. I'll let you know if I talk myself into letting them go.

I switched to my ETH that I purchased over a year ago but really didn't use. It seemed to be less reliable. What I've discovered is that I actually do prefer it. So now I'm just using it exclusively and returned two of the three CableCARD's I was renting from TWC.

The only issue I had with using the internal tuners was the driver for the Motorola MTR700 tuning adapter freezing and not allowing anything to be tuned. With the ETH it has its own TA interface and that problem is eliminated. Plus I built to BRIX PC's for under $200 each to take the place of my Echo's. So it seems from here on I'll be sticking to the ETH platform. I do use a 24 port Netgear "simi-managed" ProSafe switch with all CAT 6a shielded cable. I also added a 10db bi-directional drop amp to help the tuning adapter have better communication with the head end. It dropped it's output power from +41dbm to +29. The heat has went down significantly!

It also made the channel changing MUCH faster!

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:25 pm

I would be interested in one if you do decide to sell I was aiming for a price point around $150+shipping. Side note: PCIe6s can be used for/with network turners if you put in some work, ETH6 is definitely the way to go from the ease of use stand point.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:50 pm

Sharks wrote:I would be interested in one if you do decide to sell I was aiming for a price point around $150+shipping. Side note: PCIe6s can be used for/with network turners if you put in some work, ETH6 is definitely the way to go from the ease of use stand point.
Let me just run my system for two or three days without them and if it's good I'll send you a PM. In the meantime you can decide if you'll want the one "Made In China" or "Assembled In Mexico." Tough decisions!

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Sharks wrote:I would be interested in one if you do decide to sell I was aiming for a price point around $150+shipping. Side note: PCIe6s can be used for/with network turners if you put in some work, ETH6 is definitely the way to go from the ease of use stand point.
I sent you a PM.

ptown02

Post by ptown02 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Is anyone still looking to buy an InfiniTV 6 PCIe version? I have one for sale for $150 + shipping.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Everyone ! I finally got one :) Thanks Preston !
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave