My Media Center on iPhone 6 Plus does not work

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
fdavidg

HTPC Specs: Show details

My Media Center on iPhone 6 Plus does not work

Post by fdavidg » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:57 pm

Hello Group,

I am running a Ceton InfiniTV 4 on Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows Media Center.

When I saw my Media Center for the iPhone I thought I was in heaven.

After downloading, installing the software (on both my iPhone and Windows 7 Ultimate computer) and weeks of troubleshooting I can not access the Windows 7 computer, etc. with my Media center.

When I select the Windows 7 Ultimate HTPC on my iPhone I get the error message, "Unable to Connect" The date and time are in sync with the iPhone and the HTPC. The password is the same but I don't understand the reset of the item? What about the ports?

The instructions and troubleshooting and forum information is pretty slime and I would appreciate better setup instructions and troubleshooting methods.

Frank

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:53 pm

fdavidg

Post by fdavidg » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 pm

Oh yes! I have gone through it at least three times and can not find the problem! I just rechecked and have port forwarding set up per the Netgear router manual, etc.

fdavidg

Post by fdavidg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Well......
I went through the installation guide step-by-step again. I double checked all the inputs for the configuration(s). I shutdown the iPhone and rebooted the Media PC.

Guess what?

Everything works! Don't know where the mistake or typo was, but then who cares! Huh?

It only goes to show, check and recheck.

Thanks everyone.

Frank