ETH6 Troubles

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
xelrash

HTPC Specs: Show details

ETH6 Troubles

Post by xelrash » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:06 am

As a very long time owner of an Infini4 PCI. I LOVE my Infi4, and so does everyone else in my house.
As an IT professional I have praised Ceton and their products as much as possible. The Infini4 just "works".
I figured adding a ETH6 would be sweet and make life just that much better. So far that has been not the story.

So I purchased me an Eth6...
In fact, I have been so frustrated I have considered throwing the tuner Mcard and all into the street and taking shots at it with my shotgun.
I have never had more issues trying to watch TV on an device, ever. At one point, I gave up and tried the device on Amazon but was 2 days too late.

Why must I sound hours and hours reading posts on a forum and troubleshooting on such an expensive piece of fairly simile equipment?
I don't even know where to start.

xelrash

Post by xelrash » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:14 am

Media Center just sits there...and sits there... and sits there... and can't be closed. The process has to be killed.
Some days it can take me up to 2-3 hours and 5-10 WMC process kills to get a channel tuned in.

The tuner has a static IP address on the firewall.
This is a fresh install of Windows 8.1
When the tuner works, it works and does not fail until I close it or reboot, or leave for some time.

What I am lacking here, which is spread out over hundreds of posts, is what needs to be done to make sure my tuners are available.
Why does it take so long to get the tuners working when I can clearly ping the Ceton card with no issues?
I doubt I can record anything since I can never get to the tuners when I want.

Please help :(
I love my Ceton Infi4 but this Eth6 is making me little postal. :(

xelrash

Post by xelrash » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:32 am

If the Ceton Diag tool can see the Eth6 and says its working OK, why can't the SAME pc running that tool get a tuner in WMC?
I need to know the logistics of why is going on here. I have to be missing a piece of the puzzle. :(

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Provider?
Tuning adapter?
Signal levels, SNR's, and tuner temps?
Network topography? specifically- does the PC have gigabit ethernet adapter and are the PC and the ETH plugged directly into the SAME Gigabit switch (not a router)?

Billyray520

Post by Billyray520 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:18 pm

So did you replace your pci tuner or just add your eth6 tuner to it on your WMC?

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:49 pm

And which Firmware version are you running on the ETH?

KevinRush

Post by KevinRush » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:22 pm

I'm interested too. I have a Ceton PCIe 4 tuner that has worked great for years. A few months ago we added a Ceton Eth6. It seems to work. The channel tuning is slower and sometimes the Eth6 channels have occasional slight pixcelation which the PCIe card never did. Is there a way to make sure that the channels are tuned from available tuners on the PCIe card, first?