Trouble after new tuner install

CamaroZ28c

HTPC Specs: Show details

Trouble after new tuner install

Post by CamaroZ28c » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:56 am

Hello, I've been preparing to cut the cord and have decided to use WMC rather than another program I tried out (NextPVR+Kodi) because the guide is awesome in WMC. I had WMC working fine with a single Hauppauge WinTV HVR950Q USB tuner connected to an antenna. I pulled in all the channels I expected to and the guide was functioning perfectly. Since I am used to a multi tuner DVR from COX, I purchased a Hauppauge WinTV HVR 2255 PCIe dual tuner card with the goal of having 3 tuners. After installing the card, I ran Setup TV Signal and after quite some time, it found all 3 Digital ATSC tuners. The problem is that after all that scanning, it supposedly only found one OTA music channel and nothing else. The guide shows data for that one channel. When I tell it to scan for more channels it finds another 10 channels but all of them show up as Data Unavailable. When I manually add the other 6 channels that still aren't automatically found, they also show Data Unavailable. All these channels that weren't found are clear when manually added so it isn't a signal quality problem. I am at a loss; am I missing something here? This has been frustrating because I haven't found a better EPG than this and don't know why it isn't working anymore after installing this new tuner card. Sorry for the long post; thanks for the help!

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:01 am

MS switched to a different guide provider & some people are having issues downloading channel guide data.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=6&t=8903

CamaroZ28c

Post by CamaroZ28c » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:04 am

I saw that, but would that affect the setup from discovering all my channels? The guide pulled data for the one channel it found on its own.

jdsuowner

Post by jdsuowner » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Are you doing OTA Antenna? I am and have lost several well known channels. Not sure what to do to get them back.

CamaroZ28c

Post by CamaroZ28c » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:22 am

jdsuowner wrote:Are you doing OTA Antenna? I am and have lost several well known channels. Not sure what to do to get them back.
Yeah, I am. Maybe it's not just me then? The only channel it found in the tuner setup was a single music channel that doesn't even come in strongly enough to watch. Frustrating because my guide was functional before I added the new tuner card!

Tester

Post by Tester » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:07 pm

CamaroZ28c

Post by CamaroZ28c » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:19 pm

I ended up using guide tool to assign guides to my manually added channels. Thanks everyone!

STC

Post by STC » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:48 pm

^ please explain. Guide Tool can adjust lineup but not guide data. If you have a missing channel but do have guide data in your db for that channel (we used to check this through Zap2it) then adding the channel through Guide Tool will allow MC to populate it with metadata. I think the callsign has to be the same though.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

CamaroZ28c

Post by CamaroZ28c » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:41 pm

STC wrote:^ please explain. Guide Tool can adjust lineup but not guide data. If you have a missing channel but do have guide data in your db for that channel (we used to check this through Zap2it) then adding the channel through Guide Tool will allow MC to populate it with metadata. I think the callsign has to be the same though.
I just manually added the OTA channel so that Guide Tool would pick it up, then I subscribed that manually added channel to its equivalent Cox cable variant. Worked like a charm.