Netflix Series Episode Selection

jebrooks

HTPC Specs: Show details

Netflix Series Episode Selection

Post by jebrooks » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:05 pm

I recently set up my HTPC for OTA TV and Netflix. In general everything is working fine, although I do have to deal with Netflix locking up at the end of a show. I loaded HippoRemote on my iPhone so I can kill and restart WMC which is acceptable to me. There is still a "feature" of my Netflix implementation on WMC that bugs me and I hope I can get some help here.

I used to watch Netflix through my BluRay player. When I watch a TV series on the BluRay it keeps track of which episodes I have watched and automatically presents the next unwatched episode when I open the series. When I access Netflix through WMC and open a series I always have to scroll through the episode list from Episode 1 to whatever episode I want to watch. In Season one or two that's not much of a problem, but my son and I are in Season six of Stargate SG1 and I'm getting annoyed.

Is there a way to configure the Netflix app to automatically choose the next unwatched episode in a series? Or more generally is there a solution to my problem available inside the WMC environment? I can use the BluRay player but it is sooo slooow.

EmirOfGroofunkistan

Post by EmirOfGroofunkistan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:31 pm

The main play button on the main view of the show (not on the episode pivot) *should* show the next episode for you. However, I haven't found it to be completely reliable. Also, I'm not sure what effect killing media center after each episode has on it remembering. You should be able to press stop before the episode gets to the very end and it will go back to the netflix interface. Other people have had some luck installing the Silverlight 5 RC.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:04 pm

EmirOfGroofunkistan wrote:The main play button on the main view of the show (not on the episode pivot) *should* show the next episode for you. However, I haven't found it to be completely reliable. Also, I'm not sure what effect killing media center after each episode has on it remembering. You should be able to press stop before the episode gets to the very end and it will go back to the netflix interface. Other people have had some luck installing the Silverlight 5 RC.
+1 on updating to Silverlight 5.. Most people that are having the HANG issue reported improved performance after updating.

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

newfiend~