Weak TV Signal - At my wit's end

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
V1de0Lovr

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by V1de0Lovr » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Removing an unnecessary amplifier did not resolve my signal loss issues. I have returned to firmware 14, and if this does not work, I will have an InfiniTV ETH 6 for sale...

billroden

Post by billroden » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:04 pm

I was having the same loss signal problem with my infinitv 6 pci model and someone in the thread or forum recommend changing the splitter (because I was using one). I didn't understand why that would be an issue because it didn't seem to bother my infinitv 4 model but I tried it anyway. It's been about a month since I switched splitters and (knock on wood) I don't seem to have the loss signal problem. Coincidence???? Maybe....but I am happy now. If you're using a splitter somewhere ....swap it out with a new one and see what happens. You have nothing to lose.

Bill

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Crash2009 wrote: Any WiFI pollution on the same switch?
Can you elaborate on this? I've been having weird issues since I transplanted my system to my new apartment and one difference is that my WiFi access points are now on my main Netgear ProSafe 24 port Gigabit switch. Could this be part of my problem? Should I move the access points to a couple of available ports on my router?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 pm

kd6icz wrote:
Crash2009 wrote: Any WiFI pollution on the same switch?
Can you elaborate on this? I've been having weird issues since I transplanted my system to my new apartment and one difference is that my WiFi access points are now on my main Netgear ProSafe 24 port Gigabit switch. Could this be part of my problem? Should I move the access points to a couple of available ports on my router?
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 181#p88181

don't know why, but moving the WAP'S to the router has improved things for myself, and others. Might be that the re-sends don't pollute the switch, or, that the wifi device's can get directly out. It seems to work.

I got the idea from the ubiquity site. They have been suggesting unifi this way since forever.

If you are up for a vlan project, you can likely get the same results. Separate vlan for all the WAP'S.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:37 pm

That has seemed to help my overall reliability. All these little things that make these systems more reliable...