No TV Signal or Tuner is Busy

lily1029

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by lily1029 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:36 am

I have a new setup that I am having this problem with and I'm getting really frustrated. We have a brand new Dell desktop with Windows 7 that I first tried to put an old internal Hauppauge tuner into to use WMC. Recorded one show and then the no tuner available message. I took it out and put it back in for the same thing to happen again. I assumed I just didn't have the skills to install it properly so I purchased a Hauppauge 955Q external tuner. Got it installed and if I try to go to live tv to test it out, it thinks hard for a while, goes a little pixely and then turns on. If I try to set the dvr it tells me no tuner available, if I see it to click on the note, it will magically find the tuner and start taping. What is going on!? I can't always be sitting here to tell it to tape. I was surprised to find the tuner is only showing up as analog. Is that correct and affecting things? The internet is set at wireless but that shouldn't be a problem should it? I'm only tech-savvy enough to know it is possible to get this working but I'm clueless how to do it on my own at this point.