Can't record in HD

twillsails

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't record in HD

Post by twillsails » Mon May 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Three months ago I made some changes trying to manually add an additional channel to my line-up that became available by my cable provider (instead of just using the auto scan of the system . . . my bad!)

After doing so, the software showed all HD channels as usual, but only records the analog instead of HD, even when HD channel is selected for recording. I've done channel auto-scan many times since then to no avail.

Since then, I've used the laptop on other cable systems out-of-state, and the set up works fine, just the way it always had, AND it RECORDS and PLAYS in HD. But, when I return home to my own TV cable system, the problem remains just as described above with the same obviously errant settings that I seem to be stuck with until I am able to clear the system for use on my home turf. Drat!

Is it possible to reset Windows Media Center so I can start anew? Or, is there a way to un-do my error that triggered all of this in the first place?

Tim

mdavej

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by mdavej » Mon May 18, 2015 12:57 pm

I would remove entirely from your lineup all SD channels that have an HD version available . You can do this in WMC or using Guide Tool.

If the SD and HD versions have the same exact channel number, then it's really hard to control which gets recorded.