IP Camera MJPEG

Beartlaoi

HTPC Specs: Show details

IP Camera MJPEG

Post by Beartlaoi » Sat May 16, 2015 2:57 am

I am just trying to see video from an IP camera in WMC7 x64.
Its a TrendNet TV-IP551WI and only supports MJPEG.
WMC of course does not support MJPEG. Is there a way to fix this?

The cameras web server seems limited so I use iSpy64, it also emits an MJPEG stream.
VLC, MPC-BE, GraphStudioNext64 all can take the url from iSpy64 and show the live video.

So how do I get this video to work with WMC?

I heard of MCENetCam but cannot find a working download link. Does that even work for WMC7 x64? If so where can I get it?

TunerFreeMCE and SecondRun.Tv - I dont see a way to add a camera channel to it. Please tell me if I am missing something.

I installed IPCamSourceVideo from Unreal but it seems to have missed some major registry entries in that nothing recognizes IPCAM:, anyway it has a 10 minute limit for all but a select few programs, WMC is not listed among them.

I heard that Chrome can do it, but not for me. It just eats the URL, reverting back to the previous one and does nothing.

cambozola seems like a decent work around - its gone

Paparazzo doesn't look like a video solution.

I have mControl 2.1, but it just passes the MJPEG through to IE which doesn't work.

I even tried using VLC to re-stream it to mms:wmv. Initially that seemed to work but stopped inexplicably. I have not been able to get working mms out of it since.

There seems to be lots of ways to do it, but every one of them has a roadblock.

This should not be too difficult, especially after I got WMC to play MKVs with TrueHD and DTS-HD MA streaming to my receiver without destroying protected WTV abilities.

Does BlueIris transcode the camera stream to something that WMC can handle?