Beta firmware candidate for InfiniTV available - 15.1.13.152

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
fiteclub

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by fiteclub » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Yes, I have an EAS right now while watching (live) the Heritage Golf tournament on CBS. It happens on both the locals and all cable networks. The EAS is sent out by the cable company as mandated by the FCC. It is very annoying and I wish I could disable it. It used to be an option in my Ceton diagnostics app but after a firmware "upgrade" that went away. If anyone knows how to do this now, it would be greatly appreciated. I am running FW version 1.2.2.6 and hardware version 6829. I have Infinitv 4.

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:06 pm

I thought the Disable EAS Alerts option came in a later firmware. It's available in this one, as well as a couple earlier versions. It's accessible under the CableCARD tab in the web interface (192.168.200.1 by default).

fiteclub

Post by fiteclub » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 am

The app says I am up to date on firmware and I have the beta button checked. Is it possible that this firmware is not compatible with my version of Infinitv hardware?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:57 am

fiteclub wrote:The app says I am up to date on firmware and I have the beta button checked. Is it possible that this firmware is not compatible with my version of Infinitv hardware?
Download is in post #1 of this thread. Here is the link: http://www.cetoncorp.com/downloads/ceto ... _152.IMAGE You need to update using the GUI webpage under the system tab. The firmware is compatible on all versions of infinitv.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:28 am

This might explain why I never see it.
Attachments
InfiniFirmware.JPG

cats22

Post by cats22 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:14 pm

I have been using the new firmware for over 3 months now with zero problems. not one missed recording.
Please can you post this latest firmware on your download page (http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/linux_drivers/). The version that is there is very old and does not have the essential update to the copy protected handling. New users of Infinitv will not know to scan the forums in search of the latest firmware, and even if they do they may be put off by the comment "This firmware has undergone very limited testing and is only intended for advanced users". I think that is no longer true.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Wed May 06, 2015 5:52 pm

cats22 wrote:I have been using the new firmware for over 3 months now with zero problems. not one missed recording.
So you're not seeing the memory leak the rest of us are seeing? Mine only runs about 2 months before it runs out of memory and spontaneously reboots.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:01 pm

mdavej wrote:
cats22 wrote:I have been using the new firmware for over 3 months now with zero problems. not one missed recording.
So you're not seeing the memory leak the rest of us are seeing? Mine only runs about 2 months before it runs out of memory and spontaneously reboots.
Besides the memory leak there are a couple of other problems that Ceton has introduced with this FW for Cisco CableCARDS.

If you do a diagnostic scan to file a ticket, the cableCARD is reset during the start of the scan and no new cableCARD information or history is captured.

If you need to set-up a machine and do the clear tuners, discover tuners in the diagnostic utility, the cableCARD is restarted

If you have more than one Ceton Device, such as a PCIe version and the ETH version, the diagnostic utility on the PCIe machine will find both that card and the ETH and if you perform the above operations, all the cableCARDS will be reset. If you are making a recording on the ETH and scan for the PCIe, all machines using the ETH will be interrupted.

In my case I have two ETH tuners and two machines that have internal PCIe 6 tuner cards, so running a diagnostic scan is a bit of a disaster.

I've filed tickets on these issues and after about a week with no response they are just automatically closed so I have no idea if they're being read or if anyone is still there. And has anyone heard from Eric in the past five weeks?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:12 pm

JohnW248 wrote:And has anyone heard from Eric in the past five weeks?
His last post was 6 weeks ago.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 820#p87820

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Thu May 07, 2015 9:13 pm

JohnW248 wrote:I've filed tickets on these issues and after about a week with no response they are just automatically closed so I have no idea if they're being read or if anyone is still there. And has anyone heard from Eric in the past five weeks?
I filed a (unrelated) ticket and got a reply yesterday. So Ceton is definitely still ticking.

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Please can you post this latest firmware on your download page (http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/linux_drivers/). The version that is there is very old and does not have the essential update to the copy protected handling. New users of Infinitv will not know to scan the forums in search of the latest firmware, and even if they do they may be put off by the comment "This firmware has undergone very limited testing and is only intended for advanced users". I think that is no longer true.
Good for you - I installed it and immediately started getting No signal errors all over the place! I backed down to the last beta as erkotz suggested and it has been stable.
Mike

V1de0Lovr

Post by V1de0Lovr » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:18 pm

mmatheny wrote:
Good for you - I installed it and immediately started getting No signal errors all over the place! I backed down to the last beta as erkotz suggested and it has been stable.
Good idea, I am about to throw my InfiniTV 6 ETH out the window and hook up my HDHomerun Prime. I installed the beta firmware for signal loss issues, and even after getting the signal level to near 0 by removing an unnecessary amplifier, I am seeing partial recordings all the time. My last ditch effort will be returning to firmware 14.

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:42 pm

Have you tried the beta before latest? I haven't had any issues with it: http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/infinit ... _163.IMAGE
Mike

V1de0Lovr

Post by V1de0Lovr » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Neither the 14 or 15 firmware works for me. Not one signal loss problem since hooking my HDHomeRun Prime back up. 6 channels were nice, but Ceton has been nothing but trouble for me.

cybrsage

Post by cybrsage » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:23 am

I have had no issues with the latest beta firmware...but it still has a slow memory leak which means I have to reboot it at least once a month.

ptown02

Post by ptown02 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:45 pm

V1de0Lovr wrote:Neither the 14 or 15 firmware works for me. Not one signal loss problem since hooking my HDHomeRun Prime back up. 6 channels were nice, but Ceton has been nothing but trouble for me.
What area are you in? I'm getting partial recordings and experiencing live TV freezing on some channels. If I change the channel then go back to the frozen channel the feed will resume like there was never a problem... I've been messing with this for over 2 weeks now and getting EXTREMELY tired of the lack of support from Ceton and TWC...

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:47 pm

cybrsage wrote:I have had no issues with the latest beta firmware...but it still has a slow memory leak which means I have to reboot it at least once a month.
Do what I do. Use the Task Scheduler in Windows and schedule a reboot once a week. If you use Sleep you can have the task wake the computer to run. You just need to setup the task with using the shutdown command. I set mine to go at like 4am on a Wednesday, as I know everyone works and there is a VERY slim chance of recording or someone watching at that time.

And for a failsafe, you can install this.
http://mikinho.com/wmc/abort-system-shutdown/

This is the app I personally requested back in the day for this feature.

When you use the shutdown command and set the time out for 60 or 120 seconds, this app will prompt in WMC and say a "Scheduled reboot is coming, do you wish to cancel ?" so if your using the PC, you can select cancel and it will stop the reboot from happening. Neat huh ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:48 pm

cybrsage wrote:I have had no issues with the latest beta firmware...but it still has a slow memory leak which means I have to reboot it at least once a month.
You don't have to restart the computer to effect a reboot of either the ETH or PCIe tuners. From the web gui open the LOG tab and in the command box (lower left) type reboot and send. The tuner will restart. If for some reason you don't achieve DRM pairing as Green, go to task manager on the machine paired with that tuner and go to SERVICE and STOP and then START the Media Center Receiver Service. Do not just click RESTART---that doesn't work for me.

But this will reset the tuner, the cableCARD registers will be reset and without restarting your Media Center Host

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:28 am

I'm just curious if anyone has seen any advantage to this firmware over the previous firmware? With all the issues this version introduced I'm thinking of just rolling back to the previous version.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:04 pm

The advertised fixes as

The changes are:
-Remove legacy (CGMS-A, APS, RC) Copy Protection Support
-Improve ability to lock OOB signal in a poor signal environment

The change in Fw that causes a Cisco card to restart is you open the diagnostic tab were present in the earlier stable version.

Aside from others experience I've been running this on two ETH and tow PCIe tuners for six months now with only the nuance of not being able to look at the diagnostic page and the fact that running the Ceton diagnostic tool to send in a trouble report discovers and thus resets all tuners on the network so running it on a PCIe tuner will also reset both the ETH tuners. Not an issue if you only have one device.