InfiniTV 6 PCIe - did I break the dongle?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bilditup1

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 6 PCIe - did I break the dongle?

Post by bilditup1 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:48 am

Eyo folks,
I've been using an InfiniTV 6 PCIe for a few months now without that many problems. Last night though, I moved my PC over a bit, and am afraid I may not have been gentle. Since then, I haven't been able to watch TV. CetonDiag says that it "could not acquire Signal PCR Lock". In the web UI right after attempting to tune using CetonDiag, I see carrier lock and digital lock are both 0 under the tuner used, but more distressingly a signal level of -47.8 dBmV. I don't know if this is the CableCARD malfunctioning or what, but that is way out of normal range. The card is behind one splitter from my ONT, with one output going to my FiOS router, and the other to the InfiniTV. I tried changing coax cables and connecting directly to the ONT cable without the splitter, and this number hasn't changed. Again, I'm not sure if these numbers are normal in this kind of weird 'Signal PCR lock' situation. The only help I've gotten from the threads is 'reboot a bunch, make sure the card is properly seated'. I have done that ad-infinitum, and also called up Verizon to get them to reset the card. That hasn't worked, and I'm set to pick up a new one in the morning. But I'm wondering if that's actually the problem, or what the chances are that actually, I've just broken this flimsy looking 'mini-BNC to coax' adapter. I have other tuner hardware that I'm not using right now lying around, but I don't particularly want to try any kind of pairing/unpairing if I'm just chasing a wild goose. What to the veterans here think? I'm grateful for any replies, thanks in advance!

RyC

Post by RyC » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:09 am

The super low signal levels certainly suggest the dongle is broken. If you send in a support ticket to Ceton, they can send you a replacement dongle

claudemundy

Post by claudemundy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Did replacing the dongle fix this issue?

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 am

You can also find replacement dongles here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CTJ ... UTF8&psc=1. I have used both the original and this "Just in case" replacement I bought, both work great.