IR Blaster change configure file

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
acemib

HTPC Specs: Show details

IR Blaster change configure file

Post by acemib » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:36 pm

I need to reconfigure my blaster transmission to my sat box. Can someone please tell me where the config file is located? I just need to tell it that channel 7 is really channel 6. Thanks!

TheReaper

Post by TheReaper » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:45 am

Assuming you are using Windows Media Center. Have you thought about just changing the channel listings?

WMC -> Tasks -> TV -> Guide -> Edit Channels - edit channel 7 and 6 -> Edit Listings - swap the listings between the channels
<- My Media Center PC

acemib

Post by acemib » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:48 am

Thanks for the response. I have media center and have done what you noted. My issue appears to be much deeper. TV signal set up does not find channel 6 but does find 7. 6 is programming I want, 7 is not. I cannot "add" 6 because I have a digital input, so I am faking out WMC by saying 7 is really 6. It shows up in guide great. But WMC gets last laugh because when I select 6 it goes to 7 - not 6. I assume the IR codes are static... Hence I want to tell my blaster that when I press 6, I want it to react to 6 - but it selects 7. And this goes for the guide too. If I select 6 on the guide it goes to 7. Argh. BTW, I cannot learn codes on my blaster. I have tried and tried, but it just is horrible with learning, thanks again