Xbox 360 extender disconnecting every couple minutes

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
bluedoggy1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox 360 extender disconnecting every couple minutes

Post by bluedoggy1 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Hello I am coming from the hdhomerun prime forums. I have windows media center on my win7 pc with hdhomerun prime and have it wired along with my xbox 360 extenders all on 100Mbps cable through netgear wndr4500 router. At first the xbox 360s would not even connect ("video error" something about could not get files or something), but after removing my firewall I got them to connect. Thing is they stay connected for about 2 minutes or so and then get "disconnected error" says a program on your media center caused your extenders to disconnect messages and then they allow me to reconnect right after. No problems viewing tv on the wmc pc and does not say anything when extenders are disconnected either. In event viewer I get error code Event 123 Media Center Extender: The Media Center Extender session was terminated because an unauthorized window opened in the session. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? Thank you.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:46 pm

I seem to remember something similar happening in the past. As I recall it was some remote control software causing the conflict. I think it was TeamViewer or LogMeIn.

Do you get a message on the extenders screen at the same time?

bluedoggy1

Post by bluedoggy1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:50 pm

Crash2009 wrote:I seem to remember something similar happening in the past. As I recall it was some remote control software causing the conflict. I think it was TeamViewer or LogMeIn.

Do you get a message on the extenders screen at the same time?
I do not. I get them after a certain time after starting a live show. I just tried that and had both on but the first one i turned on got the error sooner. Also I got to say I reboot computer to factory settings and the same error happens but I am able to watch them with firewall on now. Also tried wndr3700v4 router and get same errors same events. I have basically no software on here though since factory set lenovo thinkpad t430 I use xbox 360 media remote though but i dont have 360 controllers.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:31 am

("video error" something about could not get files or something)

Take a picture of that next time, and post it word for word. There are about 5 different video error messages, and likely 5 different solutions.

bluedoggy1

Post by bluedoggy1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Crash2009 wrote:("video error" something about could not get files or something)

Take a picture of that next time, and post it word for word. There are about 5 different video error messages, and likely 5 different solutions.
I no longer get that issue though but it was this:
Video Error: Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Media Center and or restart the computer

bluedoggy1

Post by bluedoggy1 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:15 am

Crash2009 wrote:("video error" something about could not get files or something)

edit: Went to network and internet under control panel and changed advanced sharing settings enabled media sharing enabled fire sharing w.o password, still nothing. lastly tried opened msconfig.exe and ran a clean boot and now it works without connection disconnecting. still do not know what program is causing the issue though so I have to have cleanboot all the time.