Ceton InfiniTV 4 - Owner's Thread

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
machausta

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by machausta » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:10 pm

blueiedgod wrote:
machausta wrote:Ok, so I just purchased a USB infiniTV4 and I want to replace my ATI DCT, can I just swap over the cablecard and that's it, or do I need to contact comcast and give them the updated information? I haven't found anything that specifically details what is needed to change tuners.

You need provider to re-pair with the new tuner to get the most of your cablecard. It may work, may work permanently, or temporarily, or with limited channels, or not at all if it is not properly paired.
That explains a lot. Thanks!

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:39 am

machausta wrote:Ok, so I just purchased a USB infiniTV4 and I want to replace my ATI DCT, can I just swap over the cablecard and that's it, or do I need to contact comcast and give them the updated information? I haven't found anything that specifically details what is needed to change tuners.
IIRC the ATI DCT takes S-cards, for tuning only a single channel.
The InfiniTV will require an M-card.

machausta

Post by machausta » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:40 pm

No, its a Motorola M-Card.

leewcraft

Post by leewcraft » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:37 am

I thought I'd point out this thread here since Ceton owners may be interested. I'm working on an add-in for a multi-view app in Windows Media Center for multiple channels on one screen. I find it particularly useful for sports, but others have mentioned news/weather as another application for it. Take a look if you're interested.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=9&t=8273

NateEaton

Post by NateEaton » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:42 am

Will moving the infiniTV card to a different PCI slot stop PlayReady from working?

I have been running for nearly two years but just had a graphics card die and need to replace it. The graphics card is in top slot, the cable card is in middle slot and a PCI fan and network card are below that. I'd like to move the cable card to the bottom slot so I can add a 0DB graphics card (which just has heat sync, no fan) without it affecting the temperature of the cable card.

However, I've read that hardware changes can cause Playready to stop working. We have over hundred hours of TV and movies recorded that would no longer be watchable if that happened, plus when I first configured the Playready/WMC for the InfiniTV about two years ago it took many attempts to get it working, required a very complex process I am not sure I could repeat.

Thanks,
Nate

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:06 am

NateEaton wrote:Will moving the infiniTV card to a different PCI slot stop PlayReady from working?
No, it will not. In fact, you can completely remove the tuner without affecting PlayReady.