InfiniTV Windows Restart No Tuners

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
cghirardi

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV Windows Restart No Tuners

Post by cghirardi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:15 pm

I have an InfiniTV 4 and an InfiniTV 6 in my Windows 8.1 machine. They work great and I really never have issues with them unless I restart. If I restart then my extenders can't detect any tuners unless I actually shutdown the media server and unplug the power cable to the server for a few seconds. It can be a big pain because I use the server for a lot of other server services and sometimes need to restart without remembering it will cause my TVs to stop functioning.

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:30 pm

I'm surprised it does it for the 6... for me the 4 won't communicate with the TA if I restart (and still detects that it is there so it needs to communicate)... if I shut down then turn back on (provided it didn't get into the initial state of no communication), it will resume properly... I can even let the computer sleep from time to time and that also works, only restarts (like after updates) cause issues and it is always on the i4-USB.

When in this state, the fastest way for me to get the USB tuner back up is to power cycle it. I can do the same with the TA but it is hit/miss and takes 5 minutes each attempt to come up. Occasionally I have also been able to get it up by stopping/starting the ceton services (including TA) but that is also hit and miss. For my parent's systems , I have wemo or equivalent devices to allow me to power cycle both the tuners and the TAs (independantly) and have them on ceton USB, and HDHT Prime and 2 TAs. Then if they ever have a problem I can do it remotely... but if I recycle the tuners monthly, it has never been a problem and the prime has actually lasted up to 4 months for them without problem.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:02 pm

I would check the web gui for the tuners when you restart. If the tuners are internal or USB another option is:

1. In the web gui, click on "LOG" and in the command box at the bottom left type in reboot and send. It will restart the tuner
2. In the web gui check the TA tab and see if it says READY or something else. With an internal tuner that has a problem that is hit or miss with a TA restart you can go to services in Windows and find the Ceton TR Service and stop and then start. Don't restart, do the full stop and start.
3. Another issue with internal tuners that are not recognized is to stop and start the ehrcr service in Windows. Restarting that will require you to restart each extender before it will find the tuners.

If you have the Ethernet tuner, you can do the reboot command and make sure that the device comes back up with all the tuners marked GREEN and the TA as READY. All the services for the TA Are built in to the tuner you can you can't do a Ceton TR service on that, but you can do the ehrcvr service. Again stopping and start the receiver service should be done with the MC closed and extenders will have to be restarted after you do this before the tuners will be recognized.

Since you have the four tuner and six tuner devices, you might want to review the driver install, if you have been a user for some time like me, you might have bits and pieces of old drivers installed. Try removing the driver (allow it to reset the tuner to factory standard when you do) and then double check Programs & Features to make sure there are no old pieces still there, reboot and re-install.

One thing I just learned is when you install there will be lots of "junk" attached to the Ethernet driver in network and sharing. Open network and sharing and then change adapters and then double click on the ceton adapter and REMOVE everything except for TCP/IP v4.....

If you have a Virtual Machine network filter installed on your system, that can cause DRM problems and you should remove that if at all possible. If you bougth Win7 Pro to get the VM & XP you've got it installed and you need to remove the VM machine from Programs & Features in the Windows features box and reboot.

See if that help with your problems.