More than 4 tuners (tuner salad) not sticking

droopie

HTPC Specs: Show details

More than 4 tuners (tuner salad) not sticking

Post by droopie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:30 am

For the second time in 3 weeks, I came home to a problem. Two weeks ago I had no guide data. Live tv would work but the guide had no data. After some troubleshooting I went thru TV Signal setup again and when it ran it said I only have 4 tuners. I have two SD Homerun Primes, so it should say 6 tuners. I reran tuner salad and voila, in a bout 10 minutes my guide was downloaded and everything was peachy. Tonite, I come home, I have a full guide, but when I go to Live tv on the Xbox360 extender or even on the HTPC I get a blue blank screen. TV Signal setup again says I only have 4 tuners. So I will rerun tuner salad AGAIN, but why is this setting to give access to more than 4 tuners not sticking?

STC

Post by STC » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:00 am

It sounds as though some of the actual tuners are dropping off.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:49 am

are you running tuner salad as administrator.
I had to run it many times for it to work , but it has never stopped working after it finally took.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:10 pm

Agree with STC, probably a tuner driver issue.

Running TunerSalad does not automatically give you more tuners... it just bypasses the artificial limit WMC puts in when going through TV Setup. After TV Setup is performed, and you have your >4 tuners, TunerSalad serves no function... unless you have to run tuner setup again.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC